Power Folding Mirror Upgrade

You can upgrade to tow mirrors but from what others have discussed on other forums is they are NOT plug and play for the power fold or turn signals but the heated and power adjust will work.

Also, You can NOT purchase any wiring harnesses to make them work. That has been confirmed so don't let the dealer sell you that stuff because most are out to make money and don't care if it works.

As you can see above that Ridculus is trying to sell his after attempting the same thing.

Perfect Explanation

http://www.silveradosierra.com/exterior/adding-tow-mirrors-on-k2xx-trucks-t283890.htmlSelf

You will need to read the whole writeup and download the 5 .PDF files he posted to help.

HOPE THIS HELPS as I have a headache after dealing with all this. :freak:

Edited by 1baddad

Forgot to mention, the only option that were plug n play on the new mirrors were the default options I already had, power mirror tilt and heated mirrors. That is all the LT is wired for.

How much did it all cost? Curious so that I can forewarn others who are thinking of doing the same thing.

So, When you plugged the mirrors in using the STOCK wiring the turn signal part did not work?

It is plug and play on my 2013. My 2013 had everything the LTZ has with the exception of the power fold mirrors.

I guess if i buy a new truck next year I'll make sure that is added to the package.

Installing the mirrors and using a momentary switch mounted in a clean place on the dash and such isn't as big a deal as it sounds. Just use the diagram provided on the 1st or 2nd page.

That is correct. I traded in a 2013 Silverado for my 2014 because I loved the new technology, but the 2013 was much easier to work with than the 2014's are. Turn signals are no longer plug n play. You can look at the terminals in the connections to see the variance and see why its not plug and play. I dd intend to add a switch and wiring, I had this all throught my 2013, lot of car audio inside. But the 2014 they redesigned to be nothing like the 13's.

Yes but people are already finding work arounds for mods. I'm sure someone has went through the whole thing but just hasn't shown up online yet.

RPO codes changed and wiring diagrams will be different for sure.

Well it is obvious the new mirrors don't fully plug-n-play onto the '14 Lt trucks but does anyone have a install for hard wiring the missing options and the color of what wires do what, a friend told me a shop was having difficulty doing it cause everything is working on a negative switching system, but someone out their has to know by now how to make them work with a few direct wire connections or at least explain the wiring.

The link I posted above should help as he pointed out what to look for in the plug.

Look at this or give it to the shop guys who understand it and this tells you where the connections are.

http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.aspx

Also, You can pin out the BACK of the door harness plug using a test light to find which wires operate the turn signal

Even if the pin is not inside the plug the wires should be there but no pinned

• 3 weeks later...

Well guys today I installed my new mirrors that come with signals and and power fold.

I bought the switch for the power fold and everything plugs in but the only thing that didn't work are the signals nor the puddle...

Has anyone done the entire thing.

FYI the power fold work without programming.

2015 GMC Sierra SLE

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Forgot to mention, the only option that were plug n play on the new mirrors were the default options I already had, power mirror tilt and heated mirrors. That is all the LT is wired for.

Hey there.. wondering if you could help me out with this. I have a 14 silverado LT with just power mirrors.. Can I pnp mirrors that are power, heated with turn signals.. or can I only upgrade to a mirror that is just power mirrors like what my LT came with?

I'm fine with just getting the powered tow mirrors dont need the heated or signals but it would be nice. . any if would rock

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...