Power Folding Mirror Upgrade

I don't have mirrors or a switch yet (made an offer on eBay and wtg to hear still) but I did pull my door card off, drivers side, and it looks like the pins for power in and out are there (comparing to diagram above). I for sure won't be able to have the turn signals though, as they're not wired on this harness. If anyone wants to double check me on these pictures and tell me if you see the same, id appreciate it. Thx!

C08B5BF8-A416-4EC5-A07A-5B59D0393F62.jpg

And one of my harness ID

69A965D2-7EDE-4B09-8AE9-2BB92800D4C9.jpg

Ha! That it is! I think I may have to buy a switch, install it, and then take the door card off and ck the pins with a voltmeter. I can only assume pin 4 & pin 18 would have power when the fold in/out was being used. If that works, I'll then invest more in the mirrors.

Put them on tonight and they fit perfectly and the quality is pretty damn good. The only difference is that they have 4 mount bolts and the stock mirrors only had 3, you can pull the extra bolt out or drill a hole (it's already marked) and secure it down as well. I'll get some picks up tomorrow when the sun comes up. It got too dark for pics today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by sailor9908
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates on this?

Put them on tonight and they fit perfectly and the quality is pretty damn good. The only difference is that they have 4 mount bolts and the stock mirrors only had 3, you can pull the extra bolt out or drill a hole (it's already marked) and secure it down as well. I'll get some picks up tomorrow when the sun comes up. It got too dark for pics today

• Like 1

Any updates on this?

Here you go. Installation was easy, hardest part was putting my door panels back on in the dark, hahaha.

bfe42b21514fa6de22995db5d0a3d86a.jpga74e58f9c499f594894fb39a8ec2eba3.jpgf9976bac627049af63b6ee103e2daad0.jpg3aaf5cb0a03be88e483a825be9507be3.jpg

Edited by sailor9908

Ha! That it is! I think I may have to buy a switch, install it, and then take the door card off and ck the pins with a voltmeter. I can only assume pin 4 & pin 18 would have power when the fold in/out was being used. If that works, I'll then invest more in the mirrors.

Hmm, this is interesting. I am anxious to see what you find out, too, Lagerman.

I received my switch the other night and tested it with a voltmeter, and unless I was slipping off the pins, I get a solid power reading when the fold/unfold button is pushed. Going to go ahead and purchase some mirrors, but it may be a month or so before I get to it. I'll update once I get them with my final findings.

From my research that is correct. You need some DL3 mirrors and switch 23154702. I've reached out to smokey1300 who has been successful at this. You do need to look at the female end of you harness within your door to see if you have the pins for the powerfold. Looks like pin 18 from the diagram above. The puddle light and signals will not work without changing the door harness though. I don't think anyone has chimed in that they replaced the door harness and got the signal and puddle lights to work but your also looking at about $80-$90 for each harness.

I got the mirrors - even though my door harness has the turn signal pins wired up, only the power fold works - no luck on the turn signals.

I will try the new harness next.

Hi all,

I am in the middle of working on replacing DL8 mirrors from my Mexico built 2015 Silverado Crew Cab with DL3's.

I got a great deal on the DL3 mirrors, $350 for driver and passenger mirrors and both door harnesses. The guy I bought from took the DL3's off of his 2015 2500HD and added the DQS tow mirrors. I also purchased the switch mentioned on this thread, 23154702, for $50. All together $400 for mirrors, harnesses and the switch.

This past weekend I installed the new mirrors and harnesses as well as the switch. It took me about 3 or so hours and was fairly simple. Once I installed everything I tried testing it all and was partially successful.

So most everyone mentioned that they got the mirrors to fold using the 23154702 switch and the existing DL8 harnesses. I never tried using the new switch and the original harnesses b/c I had the harnesses for the DL3's that I installed. With the new harnesses and switch I was able to get the blinkers, puddle lights and heated mirrors to work. But I cannot get the mirrors to fold in/out or to change directional position. I do hear the relay click or engage when I press the power fold button on the switch but nothing happens.

Do I need to get these mirrors programmed or turned on in the BCM? The switch was brand new so it was never coded to a VIN before. Are the DL3's from the 2500 not compatible with the 1500? The 2500 DL3's have a temperature sensor where the 1500 DL3's don't.

Anyway, I can confirm that with the new harness blinkers and puddle lights will work. But now I need advice on how to get the mirrors to fold and how to be able to get the glass to change position again, currently only drivers mirror up and down works.

Edited by jbreeds09