2015 Yukon Denali ETA?

Had a dealership today tell me they were unable to have any orders entered on 2015 Yukon Denali's until beginning of April. He said reason was they were short the 3.42 rear axles according to his GM rep. Has anyone heard this?

Said it would be mid May at earliest if order is placed today. Wondering if they have enough to fulfill current orders but not others.

gm started accepting orders for denali yukons on jan 30th. I do the orders for a delaership. we have one on the way and I just ordered another one last week. Your dealer is mistaken.

Won, he is talking about the denali's not the sle and slt.

Nibael,

I am hoping/thinking you are right. He said his gm rep told him this as of yesterday so I am hoping he is BSing me and isn't a new development.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just an order update for those thinking of ordering one. I am still at 1100 and have been for 7 weeks. No production date in sight. I was told the Denali's were on hold.

Very disappointed. You would think they would prioritize and build the ones that are already allocated and have a buyer waiting.

I'll give them another week and then I will cancel and buy something else.....................

• 2 months later...

On Thursday, 9/4, it will have been 22 weeks since GM accepted my order for a 2015 Yukon Denali. My dealer is totally in the dark and I get nothing but a stone wall from GM. I have spoken with multiple service reps, including their "executive" group, and they won't tell you a thing. It's one thing for there to be delays because of supplier constraints, quality control issues, etc. and I could accept that. What really aggravates me is this total silence routine, as if ignoring the issue will make it go away. Somebody at GM really needs to wake up!

pipope - since the factory is taking their time with your Denali, make sure they address the issues talked about in this forum before delivery. What ever issue they address, get it in writing. Posts on this forum about the Tahoe or Yukon will probably be interchangeable. When I was securing the deal with my Tahoe, GM came out with a Tahoe safety bulletin. I told my dealer that the bulletin was a deal breaker unless they checked if the problem impacted my VIN. I required the dealer to give me a service invoice to show they looked at the issue.

Got a phone call from my dealer today. He said that GM finally told them they are going to put 8 speed transmissions in the Denalis instead of the 6 speed that's advertised in the brochure. They had also tweaked some of the equipment groupings. No build date yet, but at least some information!

• 2 weeks later...

Galliher_nc - the driver you park behind is not experiencing sheet metal separation, yet. Give it some time, he'll be visiting the forum. The hold-up is GM probably want to get it right before they push out the mid '15 full siize SUVs.

plpope - calling GM jerks is respectable. GM doesn't deserve any respect if they can't communicate with you. I would have a few other choice words other than jerk. Slow your roll, hopefully they are getting it right.

galliher_nc - My guess is the one you parked behind has a 6 speed transmission in it. From what I've been able to find out, they made a decision to switch to the 8 speeds (which is great as long as the bugs are worked out) after they had started production. I'm glad to get the latest and greatest and certainly do want them to get it right, but would it have been so hard to simply send letters to the folks with orders explaining it. My guess is we would all have cheered. Instead, their stonewalling simply chews through customer goodwill that too years to create. Somebody in the customer service department is NOT doing their job.

plpope - you're right about the customer service satisfaction, I've notice this throughout America on major purchases. Sales are one group and Service is another. When something's wrong with the product, the Service Department is not up to standards. Very frustrating, especially when the purchase involve thousands of your dollars.

As we all know, GM is having their problems this year. At some point, someone advised Quality Control at GM to keep their mouths shut, because all these recalls just don't happen. Just now starting a pay-out for the sticky throttle issue, unfortunate that those folks lost their lives. Increases the value of an informative forum which stays on point.

My '01 Tahoe was perfect at the time, if I could just import the ergonomics and power from my '15 to this one, I would be set. I think the '01 model was phased out by the '07 version and at that point I noticed the "quality" wasn't quite there. (I also had an '08)

Well I'll be darned - dealer called today and advised I finally have a build date - week of 10/6/14. Assuming 2-3 weeks for shipping, that will mean it was ~30 weeks from order acceptance to delivery. One would have thought I was ordering a customized Corvette! This machine better be PERFECT!

Archived