Where should I notice the 3.08 axle towing?

KARNUT,

My window sticker lists 3.42 as standard equipment and 3.08 as an installed option and I'm guessing the OP's window sticker is similar. It would be hard to argue that Chevy should provide the standard 3.42 gears unless you also want the standard 4.3V6 listed in the same place. I haven't driven one with the 3.42's and I haven't pulled a trailer but I've been impressed with my truck with the 3.08's.

window sticker

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KARNUT,

My window sticker lists 3.42 as standard equipment and 3.08 as an installed option and I'm guessing the OP's window sticker is similar. It would be hard to argue that Chevy should provide the standard 3.42 gears unless you also want the standard 4.3V6 listed in the same place. I haven't driven one with the 3.42's and I haven't pulled a trailer but I've been impressed with my truck with the 3.08's.

Of course. Are some of you people lucid? drunk? a first time car buyer? any car buyer on the face of the ****ing planet knows that what is listed under "options and pricing" knows that that's whats on the truck, and supersedes "standard equipment". So if it was reversed, and you had an option listed but didn't get it, you'd apply the same logic?

yea go "get a lawyer". LMFAO.

GM has their canned statement....options subject to change without notice. Seeing how you don't pay a difference for either the 3.08 or 3.42, good luck taking it to court. Bottom line a well informed buyer gets the truck they want and pays for, the misinformed buyer doesn't.

KARNUT,

My Z71 lists it the opposite way. On chevy's build website It appears on the LTZ the 3.08 is the standard. On the LT the 3.42 is the standard.

Of course. Are some of you people lucid? drunk? a first time car buyer? any car buyer on the face of the ****ing planet knows that what is listed under "options and pricing" knows that that's whats on the truck, and supersedes "standard equipment". So if it was reversed, and you had an option listed but didn't get it, you'd apply the same logic?

Brilliant statement of the day.

Yes get a lawyer. Misrepresentation by a salesman is grounds to sue. There is not requirement that you even have to read the options list. There is no requirement that you even have to know how to read to buy a car. If your salesman is telling you it has it, it should have it. He has made that representation and lead you to believe it does. Obviously in this case the OP was lead to believe he was getting it regardless of what it said. Do you really think the OP went to the dealer went to the dealer and said hand me the stickers so I can see if this is the right equipment? No he told the salesman what he wanted and he showed him trucks that were supposed to have it.

If you just had the vehicle a few days it cost the dealer nothing to swap out a new vehicle for another one. What will it cost him to defend against a suit.

I wouldn't tolerate the trade in BS they gave the OP. They abuse people because people let them. Assert your rights.

I see your from Philly that explains the name calling, one of the reasons I left the area full of nice people. Any way I was simply stating I, meaning just me, never saw a truck option from a 345 to 308. I figure that would bring some replies to the contrary if others have a different experience. Speaking of lucid, your putting logic car buying in the same statement. Buy the way ever here of dealer install options, kind of blows your logic. That would be sticker after the option sticker.

KARNUT,

That's the way my sticker reads. I think my salesman just saw that 3.42 there on the first part of the sticker, then he didn't read the options on the right. Live and learn, I just told the guy what I wanted and he said that was exactly optioned the way I liked. Well, almost the way I liked come to find out.

I plan to lift the truck soon anyways. I would have needed to re-gear either way. If I would have paid extra money for a 3.08 I would be upset, but they're an even swap out. Therefore, no harm no foul. Be them 3.08 gears or 3.42 gears, they've got to come out anyways.

That's the way my sticker reads. I think my salesman just saw that 3.42 there on the first part of the sticker, then he didn't read the options on the right. Live and learn, I just told the guy what I wanted and he said that was exactly optioned the way I liked. Well, almost the way I liked come to find out.

I plan to lift the truck soon anyways. I would have needed to re-gear either way. If I would have paid extra money for a 3.08 I would be upset, but they're an even swap out. Therefore, no harm no foul. Be them 3.08 gears or 3.42 gears, they've got to come out anyways.

Well its easy to mess up, Ive bought lots of trucks for my family business, but when I buy for myself I take someone with me. My eyes glaze over so I take a helper to keep me inline, for the salemans safty.

Why on earth would anyone not completely read the sticker? It's not "War and Peace". It's very simple. The guy even posted his sticker and it's right there, highly visible, in black and white. And also in the glovebox. The salesman apparently made a mistake. That's unfortunate but the buyer has an obligation here as well.

And you didn't answer my question-if you somehow ended up with an option on your truck you didn't pay for and wasn't on the sticker, would you be upset and return the vehicle or threaten to sue?

Why on earth would anyone not completely read the sticker? It's not "War and Peace". It's very simple. The guy even posted his sticker and it's right there, highly visible, in black and white. And also in the glovebox. The salesman apparently made a mistake. That's unfortunate but the buyer has an obligation here as well.

And you didn't answer my question-if you somehow ended up with an option on your truck you didn't pay for and wasn't on the sticker, would you be upset and return the vehicle or threaten to sue? The OP came to terms and is happy. Most other questions were satisfied too. As for your last question most people would assume it was part of their package, I would guess, don't hold your breath.

That's the way my sticker reads. I think my salesman just saw that 3.42 there on the first part of the sticker, then he didn't read the options on the right.

He probably did just as you say and that is probably what happened. Over the years I have seen more than one salesman that doesn't know how to read the sticker. He probably did think he was getting you the right rear end. That in itself makes it not your fault.

So why does everyone think that we as a consumer that read a sticker every four or five years are at fault because we didn't read it correctly. The salesman is supposed to know his product, and they should stand behind what they tell you. A Chevrolet sales professional can be miss lead when reading the sticker and we as consumers should not be miss lead?

Hopefully when you decide to buy a car, you do your due dillegence and research what you are buying before stting foot onto a dealer lot. Those who go into the situation relying on a saleman to set you stright is flat out asking for trouble.

Anymore now these days, Car Salesman know about as much about their product as an informed buyer; i would say even less. One dealer I visited when buying my truck really thought the 5.3 had start-stop technology....just goes to show.

i apologize if I sounded like a jerk the other day. But I stand by my point. Car/truck buyers have, in my opinion, and obligation to throughly research and read what they purchasing. I would NEVER take the work of one salesman who might have a hundred plus vehicles on his lot to be able to keep track of anything in that great a detail.

And again, these window stickers aren't exactly complicated.

• 1 year later...

Car salesman are customer service reps. Getting advice from them is like asking a autozone guy what the noise on your engine is. Some of them are quite knowledgable but others could care less as long as you buy the truck. I got my 14 used from a honda dealer. They were explaing to me how it has a 4.2 inch screen while sitting in it, with me knowing it was a 8 inch all star edition. To boot the original window sticker was in the glovebox with all the Information I could ever need. The dealer didnt actually know it had remote start until I screwed up and did it to check the remote to make sure it worked. my truck has the 3.08s and some people have said I screwed up. Well these same people told me I couldnt tow a car trailer with a 02 reg cab shortbox, and much to there suprise it towed it just fine.

I have looked into the 3.08 vs 3.42 up to 3.73 thing. As far as im concerned it will tow everything I have just fine. If I ever need more gear Ill just order some and swap it out.

Archived