Sierra 6.2 vs Corvette 6.2

What are the main differences between the 2? I looked up and found the vette and it shows 450hp vs our 420, is it all tuning? Are there any simple changes to make it match the vette? I know you can do anything with aftermarket parts and tunes, but I think itd be cool to do it with factory parts. I intend to put the vette vaule covers on just as a convo piece (if possible, yet another ? Lol)

• Like 1

Intake manifold is the big one. The trucks have one with longer runners to help low-mid range torque but it hurts top end HP a bit. Obviously cam timing/tuning is probably pretty different as well.

What are the main differences between the 2? I looked up and found the vette and it shows 450hp vs our 420, is it all tuning? Are there any simple changes to make it match the vette? I know you can do anything with aftermarket parts and tunes, but I think itd be cool to do it with factory parts. I intend to put the vette vaule covers on just as a convo piece (if possible, yet another ? Lol)

I'm sure the C7 exhaust manifolds up the horsepower rating. The C7 fuel rail covers would look sweet if someone can get the gm part numbers for them....of course someone will have to be the guinea pig or someone with a C7 can test fit for us. A few companies make color matching covers which would add that extra flare.

I'm sure the C7 exhaust manifolds up the horsepower rating. The C7 fuel rail covers would look sweet if someone can get the gm part numbers for them....of course someone will have to be the guinea pig or someone with a C7 can test fit for us. A few companies make color matching covers which would add that extra flare.

I wonder if this would fit our 6.2L trucks? It came off a 2013 Camaro.

Intake manifold is the big one. The trucks have one with longer runners to help low-mid range torque but it hurts top end HP a bit. Obviously cam timing/tuning is probably pretty different as well.

I would say you are on the money, along with the intake and exhaust manifolds..... Oh and 12" of elevation change.

It would be easy to bypass the vets power with a good cam and headers. I can't wait until the aftermarket starts kicking parts out for these things.

Dont forget about the thousands of pounds of weight difference between the two applications. Its not just about the engines and 30hp won't make a truck feel like a corvette.

See, I don't get that... am I the only one that would rather have a Corvette that feels like a truck? I am 3/4 hillbilly though!

Dont forget about the thousands of pounds of weight difference between the two applications. Its not just about the engines and 30hp won't make a truck feel like a corvette.

The 6.2's in the cars vs trucks feel much different. At least my truck feels more torquey, camaro is definitely faster

Ryan