Sierra 6.2 vs Corvette 6.2

engine cover from the camaros will not work. height difference as well as the oil fill caps are on opposite sides.
not sure on the corvette rail covers but believe the height issue would come into play there also..
could always paint the cover that comes with it...

I bet there will be lighter valves in the vettes heads and possibly sodium filled or some minor differences in valvetrain. Not sure if ours are hollow stem or what.

They're the same. Same heads, including valves and springs. Same crank, same rods, same pistons, same cam.... It's basically the same engine with different intake/exhaust manifolds & tuning. If you're really going to race the thing, the Stingray intake is only $250 and you'll be using longtubes anyway.

They're the same. Same heads, including valves and springs. Same crank, same rods, same pistons, same cam.... It's basically the same engine with different intake/exhaust manifolds & tuning. If you're really going to race the thing, the Stingray intake is only $250 and you'll be using longtubes anyway.

Where did you get your info?

Pace Performance (good source for OEM parts):

Prices are subject to change.
Update Added LT1 part numbers below
LT1 long block w/dry sump - 12657248
LT1 long block w/o dry sump - 12657236
Camshaft - 12629512 (same as L86) - $127.44
Crank (non drysump) - 12623492 (same as L86)- $559.67
Crank (drysump) - 12629940
Connecting rod - 12654242 (same as L86)
Piston left bank - 12656875 (same as L86)
Piston right bank - 12656874 (same as L86)
Cylinder head - 12620544 (same as L86) - $222.91 +$75.00 core (I'm guessing these are bare)
Intake valve - 12629513 (same as L86) - $15.83
Exhaust valve - 12629514 (same as L86) - $19.47
Valve spring - 12629515 (same as L86) - $3.51 ea
Intake manifold - 12629466
Throttle Body - 12620263 (same as L86) - $116.23
ECM - 12656993 - $313.68

Where did you get your info?

. My engine builder who has developed several new cams for the LT1 told me most of the difference is in the exhaust. Vette comes with a header like manifold that is much less restrictive. I have arh headers in stock, hope to get them installed in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully they will pick up most of the lost power..

Difference between 6.2 Vette and 6.2 Sierra.... Well I do know that Both of them are down about 30hp from the 6.2 Silverado! I'm just sayin....

• Like 1

I looked underneath at the Y pipe, and I noticed a large dent in mine. Which is weird considering it has 1000km and hasn't seen a dirt road......

Just means it has to be replaced with long tube headers I guess.

Sounds like good enough excuse to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Difference between 6.2 Vette and 6.2 Sierra.... Well I do know that Both of them are down about 30hp from the 6.2 Silverado! I'm just sayin....

. So we just need to get silverado badges for an extra 30 haha

I dont understand what you are saying. The 6.2 in the sierra and the 6.2 in the Silverado are the exact same motor....

I dont understand what you are saying. The 6.2 in the sierra and the 6.2 in the Silverado are the exact same motor....

Correct, the OP asked about Vette and Sierra differences, I basically just chimed in with a "Silverado is the best" by saying that, just to liven up the topic and that's also why Silverado badges gain you.

I was actually kind of hoping to hear which paint is faster also but nobody played along, just crickets chirping... left me hanging for weeks actually.

• Like 2

Correct, the OP asked about Vette and Sierra differences, I basically just chimed in with a "Silverado is the best" by saying that, just to liven up the topic and that's also why Silverado badges gain you.

I was actually kind of hoping to hear which paint is faster also but nobody played along, just crickets chirping... left me hanging for weeks actually.

Haha ooooohhhh. I hear that Z71 stickers add 15 hp each. And using 93 octane boosts mpg and hp

Sent from my iPhone.