Went lot lurking today and spotted this....

Went to check out some other dealers in the area to see if there were any '14 Denali 6.2's around as mine does not seem to be coming anytime soon, and I found this guy that came of the truck yesterday...

IMG_20140307_112807_zps03e339f0.jpg

IMG_20140307_104926_zps5f93c186.jpg

IMG_20140307_104936_zps54e5e94c.jpg

I was glad to see they got rid of that plastic cowling crap on the hood. Of course I took it for a spin. Nice truck lots of jam. I would consider going to a 2500 if it would get here faster than the 1500. Problem being getting the extra $20K past the wife.... I still can't believe they could find a better spot for the DEF tank. I would put AMP boards on it but I almost was normal ones just to cover up that monstrosity.

Side note interesting conversation with a salesman. He said that the 1500 Denali's are going to continue to be super scarce. I asked him if I was to order one today what would the lead time be. His answer was by the end of the year.... Granted I know the orders are sorted by priority depending on the dealer's stock and volume but, come on 10 months? I ordered mine from another dealer in Jan. As of today I am still at order accepted and no production date. I know I joked about the 2500 but if the dealer can do alright on the trade-in I may consider it.

I didn't look, just what the sales guy said...then again he didn't know the crew cab 1500's were built in MX

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Went to check out some other dealers in the area to see if there were any '14 Denali 6.2's around as mine does not seem to be coming anytime soon, and I found this guy that came of the truck yesterday...

I was glad to see they got rid of that plastic cowling crap on the hood. Of course I took it for a spin. Nice truck lots of jam. I would consider going to a 2500 if it would get here faster than the 1500. Problem being getting the extra $20K past the wife.... I still can't believe they could find a better spot for the DEF tank. I would put AMP boards on it but I almost was normal ones just to cover up that monstrosity.

Side note interesting conversation with a salesman. He said that the 1500 Denali's are going to continue to be super scarce. I asked him if I was to order one today what would the lead time be. His answer was by the end of the year.... Granted I know the orders are sorted by priority depending on the dealer's stock and volume but, come on 10 months? I ordered mine from another dealer in Jan. As of today I am still at order accepted and no production date. I know I joked about the 2500 but if the dealer can do alright on the trade-in I may consider it.

i like the color and truck, but MAN THAT DEF TANK ON PASSENGER SIDE IS UGLY!

That tank pisses me off. They can't mold a tank to fit between the bed side metal or something? Oh well def delete or steps and roll it.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

All the gas 2500's posted in the Calgary area show they have 6.0 gas engines in them. I thought they were going to the 6.2??????

6.0L's continue for the foreseeable future. The engine is a favorite with fleets and can be easily converted to run on CNG. As for the DEF tank, GM thought it was important to locate it under the cab rather than behind the cab to make it easier to mount aftermarket vocational bodies (this is an issue on Fords, I have a new F-550 dump truck at work and it is very difficult to fill the DEF tank). The tank has to fit under regular cabs as well as extended/crew cabs, so to get enough volume the tank is deep enough to be visible. From what I understand, GM is not under the impression the DEF tank needs to be moved or changed because they are not replacing very many under warranty. Put running boards on the truck and the tank is not visible anyway (and most well equipped HD's have running boards).

6.0L's continue for the foreseeable future. The engine is a favorite with fleets and can be easily converted to run on CNG. As for the DEF tank, GM thought it was important to locate it under the cab rather than behind the cab to make it easier to mount aftermarket vocational bodies (this is an issue on Fords, I have a new F-550 dump truck at work and it is very difficult to fill the DEF tank). The tank has to fit under regular cabs as well as extended/crew cabs, so to get enough volume the tank is deep enough to be visible. From what I understand, GM is not under the impression the DEF tank needs to be moved or changed because they are not replacing very many under warranty. Put running boards on the truck and the tank is not visible anyway (and most well equipped HD's have running boards).

Hmm I never thought about vocational use...that makes plenty sense when you think of it that way. Its out of the way, under the hood.

Archived