2015 Gmc sierra 2500hd questions

Within the new few months i plan on ordering a GMC 2500 double cab standard box 4x4 gasser (duramax was to expensive) and was wondering with the gas engine the only rear end opttion is 4.10 how bad is that going to be on gas?? thats almost making me think i should suck it up and spend the 8k for the duramax, i will be plwing in the winter and towing a landscape traier in the summer?

gas 4.10 gears

diesel 3.73 gears

thanks

also on the diesel is the DEF Tank really on the passenger side hanging down? i feel like ill hit it on somthing if i go offroad

Yes the DEF tank is on the passangers side and it does hang below the frame rail. After I had to replace mine I spent $350 for a skid plate for mine and now I don't worry about it at all. Gas mileage will not be great with the 6.0 but it could be worse. Mine would get 15-16 on the highway and 8-9 towing a 20 ft box trailer, my Dmax gets 18-19 on highway got as low as 8 towing 35 ft box trailer at 75 mph!!! Loaded the trailer down and kept it below 70 mph and got 11 mpg. :jester:

Yes the DEF tank is on the passangers side and it does hang below the frame rail. After I had to replace mine I spent $350 for a skid plate for mine and now I don't worry about it at all. Gas mileage will not be great with the 6.0 but it could be worse. Mine would get 15-16 on the highway and 8-9 towing a 20 ft box trailer, my Dmax gets 18-19 on highway got as low as 8 towing 35 ft box trailer at 75 mph!!! Loaded the trailer down and kept it below 70 mph and got 11 mpg. :jester:

sounding like the dmax it is, just the def tank conserns me, dont wanna break it offroading... wheres the fill? still in the engine?

sounding like the dmax it is, just the def tank conserns me, dont wanna break it offroading... wheres the fill? still in the engine?

Easy fix, delete it

I don't know the answer to that, I know in Canada when the new trucks come out it's only a couple months before you start seeing delete kits[/quote

Cool! We'll in going to look into it more.. Might just get a regualr cab. Or a double I can't really decide which one

Go with the double. You don't have to use the extra space, but if you go regular you don't have it at all....I'd rather have it. You are young ...you are going to have friends who will need rides and all that jazz

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

My vote is for a crew cab. Higher resale value and If you are going to haul any adults in the back seat its a must.

A Double cab is good for kiddos and the inlaws or if its just stuff in the back seat.

I think GM should have kept the suicide doors instead of the new front hinged for the extended cab. It is nice having that huge opening as an option.

2015 duramax is still the LML so whatever works on the '11 thru '14 will work on the '15.

Def tank is the same place as well. Very few reports of tank damage on the Dmax forums. Lots of delete info as well.

Archived