Armor Wheel Locks

RyanbabZ71

Product: Armor Wheel Locks, Made in the U.S.A Manufacturer: Armor Lock Inc. Website: https://armorwheellocks.com/ amepy3eb.jpgWhat it does: Protects your rims from the possibility of being stolen. Nothing is 100% guaranteed but I would say if a thief runs into these it will be much more difficult to bypass vs traditional wheel locks which they may be prepared for. I do have a set of another type on my Camaro (Gorilla) and feel the Armor Wheel Locks are much more secure.

Armor Lock is comprised of a two-part security system which eliminates ALL access to the vehicleâs lug nuts and protects the only entry point with a double-secured, bullet-proof, pry resistant, extreme high-impact balanced wheel lock system.
I did try a slight pry test and couldn't get it to budge. I didn't want to damage my rims so I didn't try anything extreme and I don't own a gun yet so I couldn't blast away :lol:. Cost: $119 for 1 vehicleTested on: 2010 Silverado Z71 with 18" Rims Fits - Trucks with center caps that cover the lug nuts (See Photo of my rim). Exposed Lug nuts will not work and not designed for. Before and after look the same it does not change the appearancee4e5uda7.jpg Tools needed for install - Breaker bar (1/2"), 7/8" socket, plastic tool to remove center cap (or screwdriver but be careful not to damage the cap or rim), something to kneel on so you dont hurt your kneesy6aguryp.jpg Install (quick run down, see the instructions https://armorwheellocks.com/product-videos)1. Remove center cap2. Remove lug nut closest to the valve stem3. Put on armor wheel lock plate4. insert lug key5. tighten to mfg torque spec6. put cover back on It literally took me about 3-4 minutes to put these on each rim. Took me longer to find all my tools.y2yby5uq.jpgKey photo8ynypary.jpg The lug nut key comes in a small case with a magnet. This magnet is very strong, it is meant to be able to be stored on the body of the vehicle (under hood, in toolbox, etc.) It will not fall off, it take some force to remove (trust me I got it stuck to my toolbox in the garage)vude8upy.jpg Personal RatingsEase of Installation: 2 out of 10 (easy)Shipping: 10 out of 10 (quick shipment)Packaging: 10 out of 10: US Mail, packet very tightProduct Support: 10 out of 10 Pros: Simple to install, Light weight, well made, tough material, good product support, product is hidden when in use, detailed instruction sheetCons: Key, due to the possibility of losing.* A second key can be purchased for $30. This is no way any different that other wheel locks. I have the same thing with my gorilla locks on my Camaro. Overall I would rate this product a 9 out of 10. To compare I would rate my gorilla wheel locks a 7 out of 10 due to a few factors which I can explain further if needed. I would suggest these especially if you have some of the more expensive/desirable rims out there. Honestly I am not to worried about my rims but it doesn't hurt to have the extra security.

• 1 month later...

If our schedules ever line up while I'm in Indy I'd be happy to test the bullet proof-ness. May want to take them off first though. :lol:

Archived