Regular cab vs double cab vs crew cab?

For 2015 I can't decide which cab! I really like the fact that I can bring friends with me (6) compared to 3 with a regular cab. Is a double cab suitable for teens and adults? Or is it worth to spend the extra for the crew? Keep in mind that I'm 17 and this is a lot a lot of money in spending

Get crew. It costs more upfront but usually has a better resale value. Well that is if it is not abused like most teens do to vehicles

Get crew. It costs more upfront but usually has a better resale value. Well that is if it is not abused like most teens do to vehicles

I won't be abusing a 50k dollar vehicle.. I'll be plowing and towing a trailer for landscaping. I'm just trying to decide crew or the double. I plan on keeping the truck at least 6 years

Double cab is kind of a happy medium...... I had an extended cab and it was a pain, had a Dodge Prior with the 4 door quad cab and although smaller than a crew cab there were no complaints..... I think the new GM double cab would be the same...

Double cab is kind of a happy medium...... I had an extended cab and it was a pain, had a Dodge Prior with the 4 door quad cab and although smaller than a crew cab there were no complaints..... I think the new GM double cab would be the same...

thats what im seeing double cabs are nice... i may just go with a full crew cab and suck it up.. wow 57k for full crew cab?!?!? double cab may be better then... how comfortable is the back for road trips??

• 4 weeks later...

If you are going to have people getting in and out of the back on a daily basis. Get the crew cab. I have a double cab and it's ok for occasional passenger use. I would get a crew cab if I had to use the back seats all the time. The doors on a double cab have a rather small opening to them.

• 2 weeks later...

For some, parking is also a consideration. Double cab with the standard box will fit in a lot of garages that the crew with standard box will not fit into. This issue is one of the reasons the short (5'8") version of the 1/2 ton was created.

(in the 1/2 ton world, the crew with the short (5'8") box is the same size as a double cab with the 6 1/2' box).

If you're going to plow, do you want an 8' box for a salter/sander? Maybe the 'plow truck' isn't the people hauling vehicle (at least not more than the 3 you can carry in a reg cab)

• 1 month later...

Archived