SILVERADOSC540 no longer

SILVERADOSC540

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want a Z/28 to go road coursing.

Ryan

Me too, although I did okay against my buddy Grant at Goodguys this year...

10 4150 Jonathan Marshall 15 Chevy SS 0:44.610

16 4182 Grant Jordan 15 Chevy Z28 0:44.796

In fairness to Grant and the Z, it is a track beast, not a parking lot bandit. One straightaway longer than what seemed like about 50 feet and he'd have destroyed me. Of course, all of that being said, I kicked his a$$... :)

At beechbend (camarofest) a few Z/28's ran pretty slow, actually offended a guy, didnt know he owned one. I was mgr of corner workers and chatting with him and said the Z/28's are slow today, he said Thanks. Opps haha There were Ss and 1LEs beating them. Then one guy who is in the optima events ran his, won the event and had the best time of the event (42 something)

A car can only do as good as it's driver can drive it anyway

I agree. I'm not a terrible driver, but I know that there is a lot more to be had that I'm not tapping into. Probably inexperience combined with the payments slowing me down a bit. I posted some of this in here a while back I think, but it gives an idea as to the car's capabilities when in the hands of an experienced driver. #28 is the SS, auto trans and no magride. Interesting cars above and below the SS in the list.

http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/willow_springs_-_streets_of_willow.html

Archived