Shops in Western, MA or CT for 4L60E build/install? RC 3.5" lift i

I own a 2007 GMC Sierra Crew Cab NBS 4x4 with a 5.3L with 28K on it. I'm interested in building/swapping the transmission for a built version better suited to frequent hauling/towing considerable weight and up to 500 ft/lbs torque. Bulletproof comes to mind. :) If I could do a modded 4L80E "affordably" and it not be a hack job, I'm game. Whenever my budget recovers from the transmission, I'll move to differentials and engine mods. I never race the truck or travel off-road beyond a boat ramp or to park near a trail. I plan to keep this truck for a very long time.

While mechanically inclined, I no longer have access to a lift (or a garage). I'm hoping someone might know of a reputable (and reasonable) shop to handle the transmission build/swap? I'm also looking to have a RC 3.5" suspension lift installed (both control arms, tie rods, u-joints). I'm in Western, MA (01085 zip) so I'm near Northern, CT and Hartford but willing to travel further for a talented group.

If anyone has recommendations for mods to build me a nice comfy bulletproof tow truck (short of suggesting I buy a 2500 or swap to a 6.0L e.t.c.) - I'd certainly love to hear from you. At this point, I'm fairly clueless with LS motors, GM transmissions e.t.c. Been busy racing Mazdas.. :)

New ported/polished heads, matching cam, intake manifold, headers/exhaust and ECU tune should put the 5.3 in the 480ft/lbs torque range without FI. Is that reasonable?

Thank you in advance!

Hitec I believe it was called in East Longmeadow Ma. was a good transmission shop back a few years ago when I had to rebuild my 4l60e for my old s10 zr2. No way though they will do it for 6-800 dollars, not sure if you know the guy personally bird but not a chance are you going to get a rebuild done on even a 4l60e trans for that low, I think in 1998 mind you I paid well over 2500 for the rebuild and that was one of the cheaper quotes I received. I imagine it's only more expensive these days!

http://www.transmissionrepairspringfield.com/index.htm

Archived