Price Paid for your 2015 HD

What did you pay you ask? How do you truly know unless you pay cash with no trade in? I mean its just a numbers game with trades.

$57585.00-MSRP

+$2195.00 Ext. Warranty

-$1500.00- Cash allowance

-$750.00- USAA Discount

-$19,000- Trade-In value (after $8000.00 payoff)

=$38530.00 OTT

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always read about great deals and negotiating space on trucks, but... is it possible for a truck that MSRPs at 49k to go for 40k (not including tax and the government's cut)? Gas 4x4 CC with 20s, towing provisions and 8" mylink. Nothing else.

It seems like the big deals are only there for the 1500s.

I don't think there is that much room in that truckt to get 9K off. I have a 2015 2500HD 4X4 Crew loaded pretty much.. Sticker was 53.8K I was able to get GM employee price - 4K (gm emp.disc) + incentives (1500) = 5500 off sticker.

• 2 weeks later...

Right now, there is an additional $1000 off on 2500's that have the earlier build dates. And for every incentive the buyer gets, generally the dealer gets the same amount of incentive. MSRP's have always been some sort of a joke. Kinda like the doctor's office inflating the cost of medical, knowing full well the insurance carrier will not pay that amount, in the hopes they can get all they can. Whenever I see an MSRP, in my mind I automatically slash 10% and then work downward with the incentives. Check with some of the dealers that are more forthcoming on their websites, and many are knocking $5000 or more off the MSRP before you even call or send them an email. They post the knockoff right on the website. A dealer I am talking with right now over a 2500, they are shaving around $6K off the MSRP and posting that right on the website. A $47K truck lists for $41K. And that is before the haggling starts. A repeat GM buyer gets another $2500 off the price right now. Add that to the $1000 off on early build dates and you have about $9500 off the MSRP right out of the gate. Good time to consider buying.

I was told that by sales gal at Clemons Chevrolet at Marshalltown, IA when I called inquiring about a 2500HD they had. I have no written deal saying it.

Came across a 2500HD extended with standard box and 6.0L I am looking at and will be talking with the dealer on Monday over. On their site, they show MSRP of $47,105, a "buy it now price" of $38,999, with an additional $1000 off of that. If they are out front advertising those kind of numbers, you can darn well bet that it is not the bottom price one can haggle for. And those prices were for any buyer, per their actual statements on the website. They didn't include the GM loyalty thing in that pricing.

Nice thing is, there are several 2500's at various dealers around me that fit what I want. I will be in talks with 3 dealers this next week. Best deal gets the money.

Just bought my 2015 2500HD 6.0L SLE 10 days ago. Crew cab, Z71 package and SLE convenience package. Added running boards and the hard folding Tonneau cover. Sticker price was $53,500. With discounts and tax, title etc, I paid $48,850 and they gave me $26,000 for my two year old 2012 Sierra 1500 SLE with 40,000 miles on it. Considering I only paid around $32,000 for that truck (bought one of the last 2012's on the lot), that was a great trade in.

I always read about great deals and negotiating space on trucks, but... is it possible for a truck that MSRPs at 49k to go for 40k (not including tax and the government's cut)? Gas 4x4 CC with 20s, towing provisions and 8" mylink. Nothing else.

It seems like the big deals are only there for the 1500s.

It depends what part of the country you're in and how long that trucks been on the lot for. Here's two trucks similar to what you're describing for just over $40K.

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/608512497/overview/

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/617308788/overview/

Haven't gotten my 2015 yet, as just bought and dealer is still getting everything done. 2500HD, LT, Z71, 6.0L, Double Cab/Standard box, heated seats, plow prep, had them add Auto Armor complete rust proofing, undercoating, and paint protection, Line-X bedliner, and running boards. Stickered for $47,200, after vehicle and the added on stuff, came in at just over $40K, and that amount includes sales tax.

Spanish Fly,

That's a great deal.

I'm looking at the same truck cloth bench and z71 package and the interior upgrade ( gives a remote starter,dual heat controls etc) the dealer here wants $50,000 and that's with a GM employee ( my brother works for them) and $ 2,000 worth of rebates.

They are using Msrp $58,000and deducting GM discount and 2 grand an coming up with $50,000

My trade in they were going to give me $13,000

2009 silverado lt 4wd extended cab 5.3 motor 8 ft bed with 115,000 miles the truck is in great condition no dent never been in a accident nice fiberglass cap.

Where did you get your truck?

I live in Mich.

Thank for your info

Archived