Chevyrcg’s 2014 Silverado LT Double Cab Build

Chevyrcg

New here,, will be posting pics as soon as I take some good one’s to show detail. Weather is just starting to get nice and I will be moving forward with MODS very soon.

Just wanted to say that I read a build thread, and I apologize but I can’t remember which member, but he had put a Stubby antenna from Craven Speed on his new Silverado. This is exactly something I have been looking for so I went on the site and ordered one. The order was processed at 10:34 am and I received the shipping confirmation at 11:02 am.

Now that is good service!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the “No Pics” post, the weather has been quite crappy here lately and the truck is a mess! This morning it is snowing just enough to mess things up but the temps are suppose to almost hit 60 this weekend so I plan on giving her a good wash and take some pics. Been wanting to get some pics up but the bad weather and grimy condition is what’s holding me back!! It’s killing me because i own a graphics company and I have a list of graphics mods I am planning but can’t start it until it warms up and the truck can stay clean while I am doing it….. have a roll of Carbon Fiber I am dying to start applying !Pics up as soon as possible ….Cheers!

Was on the fence about doing this and then a pic of another member who had his front end color matched with a wrap showed up and had used Carbon Fiber for the interior accents as well. Ran to my distributor and picked up a roll yesterday, Just did a quickie on the passenger side to see how it would look…… took about 10 minutes…. will be doing other pieces this weekend and also de-badging.

IMG_2806_zpsc04b793d.jpg

In keeping with the Carbon Fiber theme I started on the interior, I had a piece of scrap left over form the door accents I did. It seemed like it was enough to do one side of the metal accents on the steering wheel so last night when I got home I started applying it before I even got out of the truck just as a test. 20 minutes later here is the result:IMG_2813_zps9e05579d.jpg

IMG_2812_zps970c39ed.jpg

Will finish the other side tonight!

That's some of the nicest carbon i've seen. Who makes it?

Hey Man, thanks…. That’s the 3m 1080, it’s pricey but you can see why, owning a graphics company has it’s advantages!

Going to finish the steering wheel and do some more of the trim pieces over the weekend. Thinking about doing Rally stripes on the hood with it too.

Do you use the 3m primer with it or just the film? My truck already has the Carbon trim but this looks way better.

No, I don’t use the 3M primer. i always test out a section of where I am applying vinyl, usually the part where the most stress or tightest radius is. If I am happy with the adhesion, I just apply with out it. The other reason I don’t use that is if you remove the vinyl, the primer is a MAJOR pain in the a** to get off. The only other thing I do to make sure it is going to stay down is after I am done applying, hit it with some heat, you can use a hair dryer, heat gun, or a torch. Personally I prefer the torch 99% of the time, but you have to be very careful. THe heat will soften up the vinyl, tighten it up and soften the adhesive. Give a once over last rub down and your good to go. As insurance, if I can take the piece off I like to wrap around the back of it so when you replace it, there are no edges to peel or have problems with and it is super clean looking. Sometimes the knife doesn’t like to go where you want it ! That or try to tuck some extra underneath the part if you can’t take it off, hit it with some heat and it will suck right around the radius of the edge.

The small metal corner piece on the rear door pooped right off so I slapped some carbon fiber on it, the other side wasn’t so co-operative so i will do it in place rather than risk breaking the tabs that hold it on.

IMG_2828_zps6fa87dfc.jpg

IMG_2825_zps7c598cb0.jpg

Archived