Puddle Light question

The turn on when you unlock at night.

Not sure what you mean by "bright"? They only have one output level.

Can you tell me what you mean by unlock at night, is that the only time there bright. I thought they would come on bright every time you opened the door at night.

GM really should have designed them to come on anytime a door on the matching side opens (even when truck is running), but instead they're just approach / exit lighting.

Hmmm.. thinking I'll have to rewire mine in the future to match what my interior lighting is doing.

Something like that is an easy reprogram of the BCM on GM's part. You'd hope they could do that because it's tremendously common to drop people off and then park after.

I believe GM's definition of "exiting" requires you to remove yourself and the keys.. I prefer the definition without the key requirement! ha

Wow.

Like you, I'd of guessed that they would come on when the opening of the door activated the dome light, or that it was something selectable in the personalization menus..

Why do they call these "puddle lights"?

The puddle light is under the mirror and illuminates the ground below the doors which would show a "puddle" better if there was one.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived