Chevy or GMC HD?

Once July comes, I'm gonna get a '15 Chevy 2500 CC LTZ loaded or GMC 2500 CC SLT loaded. I just don't know which one to get, I'm leaning more towards the Chevy, though.

What do you guys like? Which one would you prefer over the other?
Pros and Cons on both?

Comes down to which looks better really. My vote is for the Chevy on both 1/2 ton and HD. Usually I go GMC because they did look better but not for 2014/2015. Those LED signatures leave a bad taste in my mouth.

I just saw a loaded GMC at the dealer today when I was picking up a part and I like the GMC HD's way more than the Chevy's. The Chevy's giant horizontal bar in the grille and the goofy looking bumper corners weird me out.

I like the Chevy half tons better though.

I've always liked Chevy, still do, but decided on GMC because of the headlights. To me it looks much nicer than the Chevy. Just purchased the 2500 Denali this past Saturday and the dealership is expecting for it to arrive on Thursday, keeping my fingers crossed.

Comes down to which looks better really. My vote is for the Chevy on both 1/2 ton and HD. Usually I go GMC because they did look better but not for 2014/2015. Those LED signatures leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Yeah I know what ya mean, I haven't personally have saw a GMC HD in person yet, that could all change when I see it.

I'm the same but with with the chev.. I just don't like the split headlights

I assume your getting a duramax? Are you going to try and private sell your current rig

Yes sir, gonna get the Dmax.

I think I'm going to keep it, got too much into it with my different gears and such.

Unless I get a real good deal on by selling it privately.

Yeah I know what ya mean, I haven't personally have saw a GMC HD in person yet, that could all change when I see it.

Yes sir, gonna get the Dmax.

I think I'm going to keep it, got too much into it with my different gears and such.

Unless I get a real good deal on by selling it privately.

That's not a bad idea.. It's most likely worth more as a DD and extra vehicle then it is for what you'd get on trade in... Always good to have a second vehicle so you won't be racking up the miles on the new truck. I know I wouldn't have bought such an expensive truck if I didn't have another vehicle as a dd

That's not a bad idea.. It's most likely worth more as a DD and extra vehicle then it is for what you'd get on trade in... Always good to have a second vehicle so you won't be racking up the miles on the new truck. I know I wouldn't have bought such an expensive truck if I didn't have another vehicle as a dd

Thats definitely a good way to look at it. Don't want a brand new truck and that be the only truck that I have. I'm gonna try to get car too for work and such.

Thats definitely a good way to look at it. Don't want a brand new truck and that be the only truck that I have. I'm gonna try to get car too for work and such.

Yeah that's the way I see it. If I drove my truck 100 percent of the time I would be doing about 35k a year.. Too much

• 2 months later...

Yeah that's the way I see it. If I drove my truck 100 percent of the time I would be doing about 35k a year.. Too much

Sorry if i ask but I saw this thread lately. So why are you guys so afraid to make a few miles on your trucks??Especially a Durmax..which is made to last a few k´s. If you buy a rig like this don´t you have fun with it?? I mean I love my truck a lot and we´ve got two other cars but I only use my ´10 Sierra as my DD. I would love to drive more but due to the fact that I have to work I am just doing 22k miles on it per year...I would love to spend more time behind the wheel on a Highway. Simply love to drive my truck and that´s the reason I can´t get it ehat you guys wrote.

I like the looks of the Chevy more. Seems to have a more professional and work like appearance. I think GMC had that back with the GMT-800s.. but with the 900s and now these, I just don't think the 900 looks as good as the chevy does.

• 1 month later...

I agree with whitedenali on this, i used to think the same way as some of you other fellows until someone stole my 2010 gmc Duramax from in front of my house back in Feb of this year, i only put 37,000kms on this truck trying to save it. Well i saved it alright but for someone else. I am taking a new attitude towards my new one that just came in thursday. The only winners by saving my truck was the theif and the insurance company.

Archived