Auto Fold In Mirrors (Without FOB)

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Isriam

Isriam

Enthusiast

• 285 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:01 AM

I'd like to auto fold mirrors without holding the keyfob.  Any suggestions?  This should really be a feature in Intellilink already.

#2 LSR Mike

LSR Mike

Enthusiast

• 38 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Drives:2014 Topaz Blue Metallic Crew Cab Short Bed Silverado LTZ

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

fold them with the button on the door...

LSR Mike

ECTA \BNI

ECTA Record Holder/Former Bonneville Record Holder

WF%20small.jpg

#3 KUUG

KUUG

Enthusiast

• 508 posts
  • Name:K G
  • Drives:2014 LTZ Z71

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:36 AM

I don't understand why they did it this way. I have a aftermarket alarm so I can't do it without using the button.

I use it so much that its just a habit now but it would be nice if they worked when the ignition.

#4 KUUG

KUUG

Enthusiast

• 508 posts
  • Name:K G
  • Drives:2014 LTZ Z71

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:13 PM

He is just asking if anyone has ideas on how he can make this happen. Just like half of the other posts in here he wants to make it for him. They don't offer a lot of things that they should... That doesn't mean people have to get over it, they turn to aftermarket and make it the way they want it.

You guys aren't giving anything constructive to it so find another post you agree with it's not that big of a deal

#5 Isriam

Isriam

Enthusiast

• 285 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:39 PM

......bringing the thread back to topic, the configuration in Intellilink settings calls it "Auto Fold Mirrors" and then states on or off.  This allows you to manually fold the mirrors via key fob, which doesn't constitute auto in my mind.  I guess motor driven means the same to GM as automatic.  For the future posters who will reply, automatic to me means not done by a key fob, or done by a button, or any other human intervention.

Edited by MotoMedic, 25 March 2014 - 02:32 PM.
removed Non-constructive Comments

#6 soltys

soltys

Enthusiast

• 278 posts
  • Name:Soltys
  • Drives:2014 Sierra SLT White Diamond

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

Correct

You can use the button because it's a hardwired directly in but you can't use you the remote buttons.

2014 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 White Diamond Tri-coat | 5.3L | 3.42 | Crew Cab | Magnaflow | AFE CAI

#7 Chris

Chris

My life is a progress bar

• 11,023 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Drives:2004 GMC Sierra

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:41 PM

Here is what your RPO says about the mirrors. Notoce is doesn't mention "Auto" or in your mind does power foldong mean you shouldnt hit a button either. 3ute7y3u.jpg Also here is a video by a member you insulted earlier in the thread showing you how to use the feature http://m.youtube.com...h?v=tl659iqfFV4

Edited by Chris, 25 March 2014 - 01:45 PM.

6-11sig_zpse7c754a5.jpg
2004 GMC SIERRA 1500 EXTENDED CAB SHORT BED, DARK SPIRAL GRAY METALLIC, LQ9 6.0 LITER V-8, TUNED BY BLACK BEAR PERFORMANCE, 2.5" LEVEL, 2500HD REAR LEAFS, FLUIDYNE THERM-HX TRANS COOLER, CHROME SILVERADO SS WHEELS, VOLANT INTAKE, CORSA SPORT, 05+ E-FANS, ESCALADE GAUGE BEZEL ON SS GAUGES, DC POWER 300 AMP ALTERNATOR

BUILD: http://www.gm-trucks...formance-build/

#8 Isriam

Isriam

Enthusiast

• 285 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:53 PM

Chris as you can see below the 2014 Sierra manual refers to them as Auto Folding and Power Folding.  The settings menu of Intellilink refers to the remote folding as Auto Folding.  Just so you're aware.

Page 2-4 of the manual:

If equipped with auto mirror folding,
pressing and holdingQfor
one second will fold mirrors. The
auto mirror folding feature will not
operate unless it is enabled. See
Vehicle Personalization on
page 5-44

Page 2-16
Auto Folding Mirrors
If equipped, with the ignition off,
press and holdQon the RKE
transmitter for approximately
one second to fold the mirrors.
Press and hold K on the RKE
transmitter to unfold the mirrors.
See Remote Keyless Entry (RKE)
System Operation on page 2-3.
This feature is turned on and off
through Vehicle Personalization.
See Vehicle Personalization on
page 5-44.

#9 Chris

Chris

• 11,023 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:59 PM

Then it is a feature in the mylink/intellilink. I wont have my hands on a 2014 until saturday. Rpo states power. The auto is a feature controlled by other aspects. Bit using the fob is basically the same as hitting the button on the door. You are just outside of the truck when you do it. Now to make it so what you want you need a wiring schematic and a lot of time, parts, and patience

6-11sig_zpse7c754a5.jpg
2004 GMC SIERRA 1500 EXTENDED CAB SHORT BED, DARK SPIRAL GRAY METALLIC, LQ9 6.0 LITER V-8, TUNED BY BLACK BEAR PERFORMANCE, 2.5" LEVEL, 2500HD REAR LEAFS, FLUIDYNE THERM-HX TRANS COOLER, CHROME SILVERADO SS WHEELS, VOLANT INTAKE, CORSA SPORT, 05+ E-FANS, ESCALADE GAUGE BEZEL ON SS GAUGES, DC POWER 300 AMP ALTERNATOR

#10 fondupot

fondupot

GMC Owner

• 1,955 posts
  • Drives:2014 GMC Sierra SLT A/T 5.3L

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:16 PM

The feature in the mylink/intellilink is for enabling the key FOB to auto fold mirrors. Turning this feature on, allows you to fold the mirrors with the FOB but holding the LOCK button for a second to fold in. And holding the UNLOCK button to fold out.

Turning it off means the key FOB wont fold the mirrors anymore.

Also seen here in my video:

Edited by fondupot, 25 March 2014 - 02:19 PM.

Current: 2014 GMC Sierra | All Terrain Z71 | 5.3L | 3.42 | Double Cab | Corsa | Blackbear

Past: 2002 Chevy Silverado 4x4 | 5.3L | RCX | Cognito | K&N | Borla | Blackbear

KOXSsB7.png

#11 Isriam

Isriam

Enthusiast

• 285 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:18 PM

Then it is a feature in the mylink/intellilink. I wont have my hands on a 2014 until saturday. Rpo states power. The auto is a feature controlled by other aspects. Bit using the fob is basically the same as hitting the button on the door. You are just outside of the truck when you do it. Now to make it so what you want you need a wiring schematic and a lot of time, parts, and patience

Possibly, however with the integration of API for remote and in-car features I'm hoping it can be controlled another way.  Especially since it does have features integrated with Intellilink.  When you press the key fob it relays a request to the vehicle and the vehicle checks the current options in Intellilink.  Maybe there is a way to trigger that request to be sent on shutdown instead of via key fob.

I've made some requests to developer.gm.com to find out more about the API and looked through the supported methods but not much stands out for automating things other than whats already provided by onstar.

#12 Chris

Chris

• 11,023 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:24 PM

Thats why I mentioned a schematic. I used to hunt little projects like this down, but in the end they arent worth the added stress. I can tell you is that signal is routed through the BCM, so you would need to find the Power Fold input signal

6-11sig_zpse7c754a5.jpg

#13 chuckl1218

chuckl1218

Enthusiast

• 828 posts
  • Name:Chuck
  • Drives:2014 Silverado LTZ DC Texas Edition

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:00 AM

It kinda is semi - automatic, because you don't have to hold the button until the operation is complete which would be manual fold in / out. But here is their definition of automatic in the OM...
Auto Mirror Folding

press and hold Q on the RKE transmitter for approximately
one second to automatically fold the
exterior mirrors. Press and hold K on the RKE transmitter for
approximately one second to unfold. See Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) System Operation on page 2-4.
Ruby01

"Ruby"

2014 Silverado LTZ Double Cab Texas Edition

Deep Ruby Metallic, Chevy Bedrug, BakFlip VP, AMP Bed Extender, Bed LED add-ons, Pop & Lock Tailgate Lock, AMP PowerSteps, Michelin LTX M/S2, Driver Assist Handle

#14 redwngr

redwngr

Enthusiast

• 705 posts
  • Drives:2011 2500 Sierra SLT CCSB 4WD Z71 Dmax

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:44 PM

It kinda is semi - automatic, because you don't have to hold the button until the operation is complete which would be manual fold in / out. But here is their definition of automatic in the OM...
Auto Mirror Folding

press and hold Q on the RKE transmitter for approximately
one second to automatically fold the
exterior mirrors. Press and hold K on the RKE transmitter for
approximately one second to unfold. See Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) System Operation on page 2-4.

Agreed. Same concept as the auto down windows.  Once it is initiated, it auto-completes.

#15 Isriam

Isriam

Enthusiast

• 285 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:00 PM

Its still silly.  Do you know how awesome it would be if you opened the driver door and the mirrors folded?  just like the radio going off, lights turning off after 5s, all that is truly automatic, yet they call these mirrors automatic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users