Dropping Bluetooth Phone Call

I am having an intermittent issue with the bluetooth in my truck and curious if anyone else here is having/had a similar issue.

I have an Android phone that is paired with the bluetooth system in the truck. I am able to make and receive nearly all calls as expected. Occasionally during the phone call (both inbound and outbound) the call will drop from the truck speakers/head unit (radio comes back on thru the speakers). If I look at the phone the call is still connected and if I change the output source on the phone from bluetooth to speaker or handset I can hear the caller again. I can not transfer the call in progress back to the truck. The person on the other end has no clue what happened. I thought that maybe the bluetooth connection is lost, but the indicator on the phone is still lit and after hanging up I can immediately make a new call via the truck system.

Hope that makes sense, anyone else experience something similar???

**Edit....my truck is going in soon to have the seat frame replaced and I will see what they say...

TIA

Mark

Yes same problem it's the phone. My LG g2 never did it just got an HTC one max and does it alot

I was afraid of that.....I have a work phone (iPhone) and I should pair it and do a little testing.

**I have a Moto X

Thanks....

• 4 weeks later...

I also have the moto x. Issue is the same. I tried an S3 and it would drop but allow me to reconnect. Did the dealer have any answers for you?

Also to ask, why did you have the frame replaced? My driver seat seems to shift around.

Thanks

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

The dealer was not of any help and I still have an intermittent issue with it. If anyone has any more information regarding this, please let me know.

The seat issue was the lower seat cushion was crooked when compared to the seat back.

My Droid Razr, version 4.1.2, did the same thing twice in a row today. I started two consecutive calls and they both originated in the truck speakers, but dropped the call to the phone speaker. The radio started playing again through the truck's speakers when it did this.

I think I read somewhere that there was a tsb on the Mylink screen not returning to the radio view after a Bluetooth phone call ended, and mine has that problem as well. Perhaps a reflash would help fix both problems? I can wish right? :lol:

I did plug my phone into the usb cable right before it started this behavior and this was also after completing one phone call without the dropped speaker connection. There was a "debugging" icon at the top of the droid screen. I don't remember if that always comes up when I plug the phone in or not.

Just tell your dealer it is the TSB for a radio calibration that fixes the blank screen. It also fixes a number of other bluetooth issues and the return to radio after a call issue.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a similar issue with my iPod's Bluetooth connectivity, although it doesn't happen all the time. It'll be playing fine, but if I manually change the song the Bluetooth connection is lost. The iPod continues to play, but not through the truck speakers. If I push the "Radio" button and then the "Media" button the iPod begins playing over the speakers again. I was told a "flash" might fix the issue......we shall see since I will be taking it to dealership this week.

This is really starting to frustrate me. TX14Z71, thanks for letting me know an iOS device has issues as thus far it has only been Android. I will be talking to my dealer again this weekend about other issues and will see if he has any thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

Vistied the dealer today regarding this issue. He contacted GM and they directed me to http://gmtotalconnect.com/ to confirm my phone is on the list of tested devices. Of course my carrier is not listed (US Cellular) and my device (Moto X) is not listed for the other carriers that do sell this phone.

They were going to update the radio and human interface (???) to see if it helps any. I suspect I will be SOL. Will see. If anyone has issues with a phone that is listed on http://gmtotalconnect.com/ please post them.

I'll report back on whether or not the software updates improves my situation.

• 1 month later...

isubucky, was there any update on this? Old topic, I know, but I JUST had the "firmware update" and my phone is still dropping calls. It is doing exactly what was described in the original post. The call starts fine and then switches to phone speakers after about 30 seconds.

I rely on my Bluetooth connectivity so much during my commutes that it isn't even funny... This problem is driving me crazy.

Archived