US/Mexico Build Tally

United States or Mexico Built?  

799 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm kinda curious who's truck was built where. Post & Poll what you have and what if any, issues you've had / having with your truck.

first number in your VIN is a "1" it was built in the US...first number in your VIN is a #3 it was built in Mexico.

*EDIT*

I also added #1 & #3 sierra and #1 & #3 silverado

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2014 Silverado Double Cab, built 8/13 in Ft Wayne, US. Had rear window recall and fire recall done. Bad fitment of heat/cool vent on rear seat as if it was not molded correctly. Front parking assist sensors did not work upon delivery -front bumper sensors were not plugged into harness. Also radio FM reception issues - ststions fad in and out; loses HD frequently. Also Mylink stayed on phone after phone call, so dealer applied latest calibration. Nothing else.

11/13 crew cab 2wd Mexican built. Vibrations like crazy. Frame rusting out. Heater control replaced. And I now have 395 miles on it

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Regular cab Z71 4x4 built in Forte Wayne.... Transfer case switch wasn't connected...loud noise coming from heater blower motor (tsb for that promblem ) ... Busted bolt in fog lamp housing....creaks from suspension and rusted frame .... HD radio goes in and out.... And 1 recall so far ....

..... Also Mylink stayed on phone after phone call, so dealer applied latest calibration. ....

So your screen returns to the radio or whatever you had displayed after you finish with a phone call? Mine stays on the phone screen, there is a fix for this?

Mexican built Silverado no problems

except the truck wont pass a taco bell and loves tequila :driving:

That's funny cause mine won't pass a mcdonalds and loves Jack Daniels :lol:

So your screen returns to the radio or whatever you had displayed after you finish with a phone call? Mine stays on the phone screen, there is a fix for this?

Anybody have the TSB for this? Mine stays on phone too.

Anybody have the TSB for this? Mine stays on phone too.

I did a little digging around and found this, follow this link http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/ and open the February 2014 "Techlink" PDF, and look on page three.

I printed it out and will take it with me to the service dept.

I did a little digging around and found this, follow this link http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/ and open the February 2014 "Techlink" PDF, and look on page three.

I printed it out and will take it with me to the service dept.

OK, thanks, I'm going in tomorrow to see if I can get this done.

#3 Silverado. I found 6 assault rifles behind the rear seat and 45 kilos of cocaine hidden under the bed....... I think this truck was supposed to go to someone else. Things are probably not going so well for THAT guy right now.

cocaine-bust.jpg

:smoker:

Meanwhile, Rob Ford has been at my house ever since my truck was delivered. It's been almost a month. I mean, he's cool and all but he's sort of out staying his welcome. And the guy sweats...a lot. Kinda nasty.

Archived