Drove a new dodge ram.

chevyguy45

Ok so last week i got my new truck. 6.2 3.73 cc short bed. I love my truck in fact i will be posting a few race vids of me outrunning a cadillac cts and dodge charger. My cousin wanted a new truck after i got mine but he wanted a dodge. I went with him to the dodge dealer because i was bored. When we got there we went our own ways. There was a 2014 dodge ram ruby red with 20's and i will admit it looked badass. A salesman saw my truck and said ready to get rid of that thing already, i laughed and said hell no. He then starts talking about the dodge how its got air ride suspension, a 5.7 hemi with 3.92 rear axle. I asked him if i could drive it and he said sure. He let me take it out by myself after copying license and insurance. Its inside is nice but i think i like ours better. Immediately i noticed how good the hemi sounded. It has 397hp and 407lb-ft torque. Mine has 420 and 460. But this has a 8 speed auto with a 3.92 rear ratio. As soon as i started driving i didnt like the brakes but the accelerator was awesome. Responds much stronger than my truck and throttle tip in is excellent. the air ride is very smooth and it took bumps better. I drove around awhile playing with air ride. I did get on a back road and hammered it and that thing responded. It hit way harder than my truck i couldnt believe it. I dont know which actually moves faster i hope mine does but in terms of seat of the pants if you have passengers to impress the hemi definately has more grunt. Off the line would be close. I dont know if i made the right choice now. That truck has alot of rebates. Pros:hemi power,ride,handling,sound,8 speed,better seat comfort,transmission is much smoother than mine. Cons:brakes,not quite as quiet as chevy.

i will probably keep my truck but if i would have driven the same truck when i was ordering mine there would be no question to which i would pick. But i love my truck all that the dodge really did was show me they arent cheap rust buckets anymore and what a horrible tune our trucks have. That truck rode like a caddy.

lol. But its still making me sick of how gm guts our engines. After driving mine earlier i couldn't help but get mad with the slow throttle response and transmission. It really makes it feel gutless unless you hammer it and wait for downshift. i hope it clears up as i get some more miles on it.

Con: every single part will be worn out by 50k.
don't think so... The 94-01 were horrible I had to do the front end in my 2000 ram twice in 30k but I never touched the 02 in 88k. Oil changes, brakes, and a u joint. It was going to need a heater core though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://m.autoblog.com/2014/04/28/chrysler-recall-159-2014-ram-1500-transmission/?post=1&icid=autoblog_river_article

They know how to handle a recall. You know, before people die, and even though there might not be an issue.

These things happen every time after a major recall- the automakers have a fit of PR-induced OCD and issue all sorts of tiny recalls in some sort of hope they won't be the next schmuck to have to recall massive amounts of vehicles.

Archived