Just had a few questions about s10s as I am not very familiar with them. Did they make the s10 SR2 in a crew cab model? Also, what kind of engines are in the SR2s? Are these trucks as reliable as the silverados that you can count on for couple hundred thousand miles? I really like the SR2 extended cab but don't know if that would be big enough. Also what did these get for gas mileage (the 4wd versions)? And did the SR2 come in a variety of colors or just a select few? Also, off the s10 topic but what year did they start putting the 5.3 v8 in the chevy colorados and are these considered good trucks too? Is that the best engine available in the Colorado?

They are good trucks. Only avg about 12 -14 mpg if i recall. The wife had one. 4.3's are known for intake gaskets and the ball joints on the zr2 seem to go quick, but they are good lookin trucks for sure!

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk

Yes sorry I meant zr2 not sr2. I just think they look sweet. Sucks that they don't really have much of a back seat. I thought I have seen online some s10 crew cabs that say zr2, or maybe zr5? I could be wrong. Can you put the s10 zr2 rims on a regular s10 crew cab - same bolt pattern?

I almost bought one of these trucks on more than one occasion. If the seller had been a little more flexible with the price I would have bought one about 3 years ago. I didn't need a crew cab anyway. Had a regular extended cab S-10 4x4 years ago with the 4.3. It didn't even have seats in the back, extended cab area was apparently for cargo only in that truck and since it had a full bench seat in the front, was ok with me. Had 3.42 gears and I estimate that it averaged right around 21-22 mpg which I thought was pretty good and still seemed to have more than adequate power, even used it for some towing and it did well towing about 2500-3000 lbs, still got about 15-16 mpg even when towing.

The wheels will fit fine. The ones on ZR2s I think were offered on some of the last non-Z Blazers. No restrictions on colors, but realize you're talking about trucks at best that are 11 years old so good ones will be slim pickings. They had front end issues most commonly. Extended cab back seat isn't really good for frequent passenger use.

• 2 weeks later...

I drove an '02 S10 for five years before I retired.The company I worked for bought two for the senior employees to drive around.I loved that little thing,had very good power with the 4.3 and held it's own when I needed to carry glass in it.In those five years only had one problem and that was an A/C fitting came loose and leaked all the refrigerant.The co. got that fixed and never had any problem again.It always got over 20mpg,including around town,bumper to bumper traffic and a lot of freeway driving.

I might add they were religious with doing the GM scheduled maintenance,skipping nothing.

I saw that same truck about four months ago,flagged the guy down and talked to him a few minutes,he said that truck has over 300,000 on it now and still running good :thumbs:

Also,one of my granddaughters just bought a '91 S10 Blazer(with Tahoe trim) from a neighbor,4.3 A/T with 157,000 miles on it and passed smog test.BTW he was the original owner :thumbs: It was well cared for.

Archived