dres79 2014 Silverado build

Dres79

bought the truck Jan 2nd. coming out of a lifted 05 z71 tahoe was not an easy transition, but so far so good. i told myself " new truck, full warranty, not going to do anything to it!" that lasted about 2 weeks

Learned about ProComps Lift Shield sooooo ...

first was to get rid of the low rider feel. after 5 years in my tahoe lifted, 2 weeks was too long so i went to trick trucks in millsboro for a 6" pro comp, 20" Rock Star 2s, Nitto Grapplers 35s.

next was to have my reynolds rack installed. this was a challenge i was not expecting. after some thought and cutting and welding the rack was finally installed.

next up is what the hell am i going to do with the safari rack i had on the tahoe. Thule or Yakima has to have something .... WRONG! i checked everyday and call every other with no answers as to when something is going to be released. NOTHING.

well last weekend driving back from the beach i get caught in a rain storm and all the bags with cloths and other crap is in the back ... have to stop cram it all inside and everyone had to squeeze in the back.

off to TOP CITY and ordered a LEER 100XQ cap with the Thule set up. this will work better for me as this is going to be a beach vehicle for the next several months.

recently ordered some LEDs that will be added.

Now just waiting for the AMP Research power steps that are coming out for the 2014 silverados with the plug and play module that connects to the OBD port and prevents the mess of having to tap into the doors trigger wire.

got some LEDs for the cargo lights and reverse. HID at some point but waiting for someone to come out with a plug and play (hopefully)

exhaust and CAI are in the near future but i need this thing to be beach ready as striper season is coming up quick and its not ready.

The Tahoe:

7bf7f089.jpg

Day before lift:

C80FABD7-20A6-4BBB-9A89-1133937EFC72_zps

After:

18484ED1-FABA-41DB-AAEF-97F3C083BBEA_zps

798C3F19-E025-4278-BF85-457B3E5B56E7_zps

56AC80F2-8D76-47CC-93CD-DCBE87B125AB_zps

5cfeb06c-0e2e-4e98-9a1c-b95ac039b79b_zps

4B05D2E8-34C4-4348-B734-B9A4DE1C3EA5_zps

B9DAB343-BF6C-4479-9901-9128B6F568CA_zps

666B3BCA-FAEE-4D83-8ECB-3179890F5511_zps

What a productive weekend!

First LEER cap went on Friday. Then the safari rack turned into a 3hr project but it looks good and am finally happy I have my rods on the truck!

Had to drive it to the beach to make sure it was all good lol. Since I was there I took some pics at the house. Then dropped the boat in for the season.

Pop and Lock should be here tomorrow for the tailgate.

amypy3yh.jpg

y6y6urep.jpg

tuhydesy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

got around to installing the POP&LOCK for the tailgate today. took all of 30mins and now 1 click locs/unlocks all!

also received my LED lights. (4) strips (white) and (8) Eagle Eye (white). not sure where i am going to install them but they will make it in there somewhere ..

Wasn't sure how the cap was gonna look but I stand amazed it looks pretty sharp but some blacked out emblems and decals would set it off for sure.

I'm with you on the cap. I'm just glad it turned out how it did.

And waiting for a non windy day to spray the plasti dip on the emblems.

I ordered the driver side handle and completely forgot about it. UPS showed up for the scheduled return I had for amazon and he walks in with a goody for me.

I love easy mods.

u7evaqa2.jpg

8u9a6y7y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived