2015 HD front windows

I thought both front windows on the 2015 HD's were auto, like the driver side on the 2014's? I test drove one today, fully loaded LTZ, and it wasn't. Also there is no "Auto" 4WD on the 2015 HD Duramax. One more thing, what is that net thing on the sunroof when you open it?

There has never been an "auto" option for the HD trucks. GM uses a different transfer case on the HD's compared to the half tons.

As far as the net thing on the sunroof, will have to check that out?

As said above there never was an auto option on 2500 or 3500's. Seems like stupid thing to leave auto passenger out of the LTZ.. My Eco cruze have auto down for all 4 windows.

Do you have a pic of the net thing?

Is the net in front of the sunroof and pops up when you open it? I think it keeps bugs and the like from sucking in when you go down the road. It also seems to quiet the interior a bit. At least this is what the one on my wife's Cruze seems to do. My commuter car doesn't have one and bugs will blast into the interior at 75 mph when going down the road.

At 4:12 of this You Tube video he says both front windows have automatic up. I don't know how to post a link so you have to enter name of You Tube video, sorry.post-123067-139658351128_thumb.jpg

post-123067-139658351128_thumb.jpg

Are you talking about a net or screen? On my wifes 2014 Enclave both sunroofs have a screen instead of the traditional cloth sliding cover. I couldn't get the sunroof in my 2015 3500 due to the plow prep package..(still don't understand that)

Are you talking about a net or screen? On my wifes 2014 Enclave both sunroofs have a screen instead of the traditional cloth sliding cover. I couldn't get the sunroof in my 2015 3500 due to the plow prep package..(still don't understand that)

You can't get plow prep with a sunroof because with PP they run wiring through the roof for an amber light or whatever light you'd want. That's what the little button is for where the sunroof button would be

You can't get plow prep with a sunroof because with PP they run wiring through the roof for an amber light or whatever light you'd want. That's what the little button is for where the sunroof button would be

Thanks..I was aware of the button, but if thats the reason it would seem they could simply route the wire along the side. I use it for strobes and like the PP for the other features but would spend the extra for a sunroof if they made it available.

Thanks..I was aware of the button, but if thats the reason it would seem they could simply route the wire along the side. I use it for strobes and like the PP for the other features but would spend the extra for a sunroof if they made it available.

I agree with you.. When I was looking for my truck it was really hard to find a new duramax with a sunroof..the only trucks within 1000 miles of my that had them were Denali HD's

• 4 months later...

The net thing is there to help cut down on some of the wind noise while driving. Now i don't imagine its going to be real effective at highway speed but then have you ever sat in a BMW or Benz at highway speed? not that great either.

Archived