Owner's Manual Valise / Case

While I was sitting at home reading my owners manual I noted that it came in a zip lock plastic bag.

Is this the latest cost saving measure?

Did everyone get a plastic bag?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine was in a bag also. Come to think of it my 2011 was also just in a bag. I also just had the manual out for my wife's Traverse and it is also in a bag. Now the KIA van we had a few years ago had a nice pleather folder that the manual was in.

I am sure at the quantity of the trucks that are made they could get a nicer holder for $1. Than again, at 500,000 trucks that adds up.

Would be a nice add on for a dealer. They could have done that instead of sending me the 3 letters regarding the important survay I would be getting.

Ok. I just thought I might have missed getting something to keep the two or three manuals and other stuff together. My 08 had a nylon valise. My 99 had a pleather booklet.

I'll stop by a staples and find something.

Plastic zippy here but I secretly acquired a nice pleather toyota pouch that even has ins card pockets. :thumbs:

Same here - I kept my Toyota pouch. I wish it didn't say "Toyota" on it, but I feel better now that I know it's really called a valise.

Same here - I kept my Toyota pouch. I wish it didn't say "Toyota" on it, but I feel better now that I know it's really called a valise.

Mine has just the "T" logo in bottom corner. Yeah, I can't say I heard of the term Valise before.

Yes, a cost saving measure, though it's not new. When looking at 2012 Tahoe/Yukon's a couple years ago, all the manuals were also in plastic bags.

Can anyone confirm if GM did this before or after 2009 bankruptcy?

Aren't the fancy pouches a 'dealer' thing, rather than GM?

I've never bought a vehicle (at any price) that had the manuals in a zip-lock bag. They were all manufacturer supplied folders, pouches, (or valises). I was pretty surprised when I bought my truck. This can't be an expensive item for GM, and apparently it says something to those of us who bought in.

YEP. I also got the sandwich bag. But don't worry. Word is,that soon standard issue will be a very nice valise to hold owners manual,my link book along with a detailed sign up book for OBAMACARE. Also included at no charge will be a five minute infomercial on your my link screen on the benefits of OBAMACARE. :M16:

Also, please any of you without a sense of humor. do not notify the secret service about the little dude with the m-16. I just thought it looked funny. OOPS got to go I think the black choppers and drones are overhead now!

Mine was in a plastic bag also. I was pretty bummed I had a really nice GM stitched leather case for the manual, pens, business cards, ect. in my 98 and when I sold it to go get my new one I figured what the hell I'll give the new owner this one because the 14's will probably be nice.... I was mistaken

Archived