Owner's Manual Valise / Case

When my '97 chevy truck was new I got a manual case, and a stainless coffee mug, and leather work gloves! Things sure have changed.

I bought this 6 dollar check wallet from Amazon to hold all the manuals, fits everything nicely.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ENO7YPS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn didn't even think to snag the one out of my 03 sierra before I sold it.

More money for less stuff seems to be the norm now adays

I called my dealership yesterday and asked if there was any type of owner's manual case available, and that the plastic baggie was a little ridiculous. The salesperson agreed and said she would check. She called back and said that the Corvette was the only vehicle that had anything other than a Ziploc bag. But she did say she did find a case (Maybe she stole it from a trade, I don't know) that she'd mail me. She didn't indicate that it was used, but she did say it didn't have a Chevrolet emblem on it. I'll let you all know when I get it. I may end up liking the Toyota case that I'm using better!

Maybe your dealer can help you out also.

Damn didn't even think to snag the one out of my 03 sierra before I sold it.

More money for less stuff seems to be the norm now adays

My thoughts exactly.... But I DID think about it but at the last second I thought SURELY it will be in the same type folder as my last three gm trucks, 96 silvy, 99 sierra, and 04 sierra ALL had that leather....ish manual cover. When I realized it didn't i figured it got lost at the dealership or something (not my brightest moment I admit)

I called my dealership yesterday and asked if there was any type of owner's manual case available, and that the plastic baggie was a little ridiculous. The salesperson agreed and said she would check. She called back and said that the Corvette was the only vehicle that had anything other than a Ziploc bag. But she did say she did find a case (Maybe she stole it from a trade, I don't know) that she'd mail me. She didn't indicate that it was used, but she did say it didn't have a Chevrolet emblem on it. I'll let you all know when I get it. I may end up liking the Toyota case that I'm using better!

Maybe your dealer can help you out also.

I got my free, complimentary, jet black faux canvas valise with pocketed flap with velcro closure. Expands to a roomy 3/4" thickness. Can't fit my manuals in it, but if it was bigger and they fit, I imagine it sure would be nice. I think this probably came from a trade in and I bet that owner's manual looks lost in one of those roomy ziplock valises. All's now right with the world.

Keeping the Toyota's I suppose.

When my '97 chevy truck was new I got a manual case, and a stainless coffee mug, and leather work gloves! Things sure have changed.

LOL, I have the same ones! From my '97 Z71. I still have the gloves too. I don't think I ever wore them more than a few times. I didn't get anything like that with my '03 Sierra either, but at least that came with a leather manual booklet, unlike this '14.

I found a great looking leather bible cover/organizer with pockets for business cards, pens, pads and the manuals. It was pricey and bigger than the manuals, but I wanted the organizer after thinking about all the junk in my consoles I've carried in past trucks.

I found a great looking leather bible cover/organizer with pockets for business cards, pens, pads and the manuals. It was pricey and bigger than the manuals, but I wanted the organizer after thinking about all the junk in my consoles I've carried in past trucks.

pics?

Archived