wheel bearing help

uchi

Question

hey guys, ive got an 09 sierra sle 4x4, i replaced the passenger side front wheel bearing today with a moog bearing. came with the sensor already installed. everything came apart and went together well. fired the truck on and the abs light is on, and the cluster is telling me to service the traction control and stabilitrak. from the reading i did all of those are related. any ideas on what could be causing that? also the damn thing now grinds from that wheel at lower speeds. any ideas as to what is causing this? im about to rip it all apart again to see if i missed something but ive done a hundred gm bearings in my time and this was no different.

3 answers to this question

Thinking you just missed something there... At least you put a decent hub back on (if you didn't fry it again).. Bought one from Orielly's on my 03 2500hd, it lasted 13 months... They warranted it as long as I upgraded to the Moog one.

yeah i put a good one on. well i figured it out. the connector wasnt all the way in for the sensor, i thought i shoved it in as far as it would go but when i pulled the wheel off it it was just hanging, so that fixes that issue. i spun the bearing by hand and i kept hearing it grind in the same spot. i removed the caliper and the pads and the sound went away. so i cleaned the rust off the edge of the rotor and the metal plates the pads slide on, there was a bunch of crap on there. weird thing is i drove the truck this morning and didnt have this noise. its gone now from what i can tell, but i havent been up the highway yet.

Archived