Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 any good? Any other suggestions?

So Ive been looking at tablets for a couple of days online and all of them have about the same ratings on BestBuy.com. Ive mainly looked at the Samsung tablets, just so its close to the same setup as my phone. I like the iPad, iPad Air, etc. cause of ease of use and accessories, but it doesn't have a USB port and they are so much more expensive compared to the equivalent Android tablet. Ive mainly been looking at the Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 or Galaxy Note Pro 10.1. The tab pro only comes in 16GB (expandable) and the Note pro comes in 32GB (expandable) but with no USB port. Not sure how much I would actually use the USB but it would be nice if I did need it. Just wondering what yall would recommend or if you have any personal experience with either of these tablets, or if you have another one I should turn my attention to, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Yeah the note pro is even more and the only difference is either 16gb or 32gb with an S Pen. I don't think 450 is that bad. I would probably wait until they go on sale anyways

Sent while drinkin' a cold one...

Is it worth the extra $50 for the 16GB of data or should I just get an SD card with more storage than that and just keep it in the tablet? Other than storage space the 16gb and 32gb versions of the Note 10.1 2014 edition share the same specs. Guess I need to go out and do some hands on experience with multiple tablets when I get home

I don't like the big tablets for personal use, so the only thing I'll say is make sure you try them out firsthand, and know how you're going to use it. I prefer the mid-sized tablets (Nexus 7 up to maybe the new Samsung 8.4). The only "real" use I have for tablets is reading, and a lightweight 7" to 8" model is easy to hold in one hand with a cup of coffee in the other. Web browsing is better on the big ones, but none of them are great for that imho.

Edit: I'll add: if buying a big tablet, get the lightest one that you can, and don't put some kind of tank armor case on it. That defeats the purpose. My opinion... which is worth less than 2 cents.

Yeah ill definitely put my time in at best buy on them. The 8" is too close to the size of my phone lol and the 10.1" really appeals to me cause its big but not the 12.2" monster and would be great to watch movies and browse the Web on

Sent while drinkin' a cold one...

With the version of Android on the ones you listed, go with the amount RAM you can afford then upgrade by adding a SD/miniSD/microSD/whatever. You can install apps to the extra RAM and run them from there.

Why not a tablet PC. Something that runs an x86 or x64 processor. Then you can install any windows (or Linux gnu) program. IMO I see ARM based tablets as a waste of money. Its not a workstation so tons of ram won't benefit anything. The OS caches out ram from inactive apps. As for storage sandisk has 64gb and I think recently 128gb micro SD cards, both class 10.

The most notable difference will be the screen type. Something with an oled (not lcd) screen will have vibrant contrasting colors. Amoled is the most marketed type of oled.

Otherwise, if you're using it to burn time and money, get something cheap because when its dropped, it'll probably be toast.

I picked up a 10" Asus Transformer T100 in earch March from Walmart.com after Best Buy didn't have them in stock. It has a mirco usb port on the side of the tablet, and also includes a keyboard dock which has a standard sized usb port. So far so good. It's a far cry more enjoyable to have on the lap than the 19" Gateway "desktop replacement/gaming laptop" that my brother recommended years back.

Archived