2014 Silverado Bluetooth issues?

The bluetooth system on my 2014 silverado 1500 seems to work fine with the phone when making calls, but it generally does not work for mp3s. Using a Samsung galaxy phone. Anybody else experience this or have suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a Silverado 1500 two weeks ago. I'm having the opposite problem. Bluetooth music works fine. When trying to make a call it states that no phone is connected. When my phone rings, I can answer it directly on my cell phone, the caller can hear me but I cannot hear them.

What kind of phone do you use? My galaxy s4 has connected with the bluetooth system perfect every time so far for phone calls.

Still not working with mp3s. It connects fine and recognizes something is playing, but no sound from speakers. I now have to use aux jack instead. I have two different portable bluetooth speakers and my phone works flawlessly with them.

Hello Higgs and Johne,

I am sorry to hear you are having concerns with your Bluetooth. Have you had a chance to contact our Infotainment team yet? They can be reached at 855-478-7767. You can also reach out to me via private message so I can look into this further for you and suggest some trouble shooting. Be sure to include your name, VIN, phone number, and dealership name.

Erica Tiffany

GM Customer Care

I have also had some issues with mine with music audio. Anytime i try and listen to any kind of music through bluetooth whether it be pandora, mp3, or Googles Play Music it always cuts out every minute or so.

Call audio seems to work fine and I have had no issues with that at all. The phone syncs up every time i get in the truck and have no issues with connections.

Phone is a Verizon Galaxy S4 running android 4.3.

Truck is a 2014 Silverado 1500 LT.

unpair the phone from the truck and the truck from the phone. then reboot the phone, pull the battery while it is on if you can get to it. then repair and t should work. i do this everyday for people at my dealership. every now and then most phones just need this process to work correctly with the system.

unpair the phone from the truck and the truck from the phone. then reboot the phone, pull the battery while it is on if you can get to it. then repair and t should work. i do this everyday for people at my dealership. every now and then most phones just need this process to work correctly with the system.

I was hoping it would be something as simple as that. I tried doing this today and it seems to have resolved my issues so far. Thanks! Very nice to have the bluetooth system working the way it is supposed to.

Anyone care to chime back in if there issues have been resolved? I am having the issue with mine where bluetooth audio works every single time with no issues, but only get phone functionality 1 out of 8 connections. I have unpaired, deleted from MyLink and rebooted phone (not battery pull while device is on, that's my next step) and issue still persists.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone care to chime back in if there issues have been resolved? I am having the issue with mine where bluetooth audio works every single time with no issues, but only get phone functionality 1 out of 8 connections. I have unpaired, deleted from MyLink and rebooted phone (not battery pull while device is on, that's my next step) and issue still persists.

I use a Galaxy Note 3 and I am having the exact same result. It is becoming predictable as follows:

Get in the truck and close the door

• if the MyLink boot video comes on and concludes the phone will connect
  • if no video 75/25% that it will not connect, audio but no phone
  • if put in gear before the video concludes, audio but no phone

Once it happens that I cannot connect the phone, then nothing I do will change that short of leaving the truck and coming back later to try again...

EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED!

I use a Galaxy Note 3 and I am having the exact same result. It is becoming predictable as follows:

Get in the truck and close the door

• if the MyLink boot video comes on and concludes the phone will connect
  • if no video 75/25% that it will not connect, audio but no phone
  • if put in gear before the video concludes, audio but no phone

Once it happens that I cannot connect the phone, then nothing I do will change that short of leaving the truck and coming back later to try again...

EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED!

I've been meaning to update this thread. I called into the MyLink support and brought this issue to their attention. The Gentleman I spoke with wanted me to do all the basics which I instantly stopped him and said "I've already done all this". He then put me on hold for about 5 minutes while he "researched" the problem. He comes back on very excited and tells me, "GM knows about this issue and a service bulletin has been created with a software update. Would you like me to conference you in with the dealership and setup an appointment to get your MyLink updated?" I agreed and was at the dealership later that afternoon. The dealership applied to file that was sent to them from the MyLink group and the Bluetooth has worked 100% flawlessly since. My phone has easily made 200 connections over the last 3 weeks and every single time it has connected with full phone connectivity. Also, as a bonus the update was supposed to address Voice Command issues. I can attest that the Voice Command is ten fold better. I had a lot of issues where I would request an artist and it was fail. It has worked every time since the update, with no hitch.

Some things to note. The dealership had ZERO knowledge of this fix, and had no idea that anything existed. The MyLink support wouldn't give me the Service Bulletin number for reference and said they couldn't really share the specifics. The guy that helped me out was supposed to e-mail me a follow up so I could touch base with him and let him know if it worked out but he never did, otherwise I would forward over that information. I hope this helps as I can say I went from a phone that literally worked 1 our of 8 times to know working 100%.

My system only worked temporarily. I am having issues with music again, but phone works. Not happy about having to go to dealer to get it fixed, but I guess I will have to.

My system only worked temporarily. I am having issues with music again, but phone works. Not happy about having to go to dealer to get it fixed, but I guess I will have to.

Keep in mind your dealership probably won't have any knowledge of this fix. You're going to probably have to call the MyLink support prior to have them share the file with the dealership.

Keep in mind your dealership probably won't have any knowledge of this fix. You're going to probably have to call the MyLink support prior to have them share the file with the dealership.

This is what makes me so angry. There is obviously a problem with the system which they can fix yet the make the consumer do all this backdoor research and legwork to try and find a resolution instead of providing the friggin information to the dealerships so that can be resolved in a simple manner... Absolutely ridiculous and before GM posts on here AGAIN to tell us to call their customer care, why dont you call the dealerships and give them the UPDATE!!!!

I've been meaning to update this thread. I called into the MyLink support and brought this issue to their attention. The Gentleman I spoke with wanted me to do all the basics which I instantly stopped him and said "I've already done all this". He then put me on hold for about 5 minutes while he "researched" the problem. He comes back on very excited and tells me, "GM knows about this issue and a service bulletin has been created with a software update. Would you like me to conference you in with the dealership and setup an appointment to get your MyLink updated?" I agreed and was at the dealership later that afternoon. The dealership applied to file that was sent to them from the MyLink group and the Bluetooth has worked 100% flawlessly since. My phone has easily made 200 connections over the last 3 weeks and every single time it has connected with full phone connectivity. Also, as a bonus the update was supposed to address Voice Command issues. I can attest that the Voice Command is ten fold better. I had a lot of issues where I would request an artist and it was fail. It has worked every time since the update, with no hitch.

Some things to note. The dealership had ZERO knowledge of this fix, and had no idea that anything existed. The MyLink support wouldn't give me the Service Bulletin number for reference and said they couldn't really share the specifics. The guy that helped me out was supposed to e-mail me a follow up so I could touch base with him and let him know if it worked out but he never did, otherwise I would forward over that information. I hope this helps as I can say I went from a phone that literally worked 1 our of 8 times to know working 100%.

Thanks, I guess I'll have to give it a try...

Archived