Vermon inside Hvac fan

Hello all, I've got a problem with either chipmunks or squirrels getting inside of my blower motor. The first time I thought my blower motor was bad, so when I went to change it out, I found petrified bread inside the fan cage. Same thing the second time around. I actually have 2 questions. Where it the entrance or intake for the cab hvac system located? What works to keep them out? Thanks in advance!!!!! BTW my truck is an '01 2500hd crew cab.

The air intake for hvac system is on the winshield wiper cowl. Not sure how they getting in there, but i would say some rat poison would be your friend at this point. Just be glad they havent started chewwing on wiring yet.

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk

Sure they didn't get in there from inside the truck? I'd guess field mice over anything else. Little over a year ago I had a mouse get under my engine cover and chew some wires on the main harness that feeds the coil packs. Needless to say the truck ran like crap and was throwing codes all over the place. To top it off my truck had less than 1500 miles on it. Luckily my insurance covered the $1200 bill. The shop said it was pretty common and the only thing they recommended was to keep the engine cover off so it doesn't create that nice little hiding area for them.

I'd probably look for another entrance that they may have made themselves.

Archived