Charging port outputs?

The reviews say you can change an iPad with the USB ports which take 2 amps, but my Note 3 phone also takes 2 amp charger. Yet when I charge with these ports I only get .5 amps. I am using an adapter from my old truck in the center console now to charge my phone. Anyone else getting a good change from the front 3 ports. LTZ model, so may not be the same on all.

Now the other question I have and could never find. What is the watt rating of the AC inverter?

Thanks

I had my S4 plugged in while navigating. No chance in hell for it to keep up with screen on. So I concur. Must be minimal half amp charge. I have yet to try the one in the center console but I don't expect anything better at this point.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yes, GM cheaped out and put all .5 amp USB ports on these trucks, no 2.1 amp USB to be found.

If your device needs 2.1, like mine does, then the only thing you can do is use a 2.1 amp output charger plugged into one of the 12v. ports, or use a wall charger plugged into the 110v.

I too was pretty surprised that out of 5 USB plugs on a 2014 vehicle costing $50K, none are capable of charging a tablet while in use.

Yeah, that's too bad. Since I don't need a data connection between the phone and the truck, I use these in the "cig lighter" ports: http://www.ebay.com/itm/140998134064?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Those ports charge fast and they're always on (vs. shutting off when you shut off the engine). Those little connectors sit flush enough you can close the doors to the ports when nothing's plugged in.

• Like 1

Please forgive my lack of knowledge, I know little about electrical besides mixing it with water is bad.

I'm trying to figure out what I can use the 110 volt outlet for without blowing fuses. Maybe a charger for a 18 volt ryobi battery? Or a blender for margaritas? Any ideas?

Most electrical items will have a wattage rating on a sticker or label near the serial number. That's a quick way, if it says over 150 watts don't try it.

150 watts will power a decently sized TV. Probably 50" LED LCD.. The upcoming f150 will power a TV and a nice quality soundbar and blu ray player!

Edited by SnakeEyes

I wonder if there is a way to upgrade/replace the existing ones with the higher output.

there's always a way, just depends on what work is involved and what needs to be changed/upgraded that stops most people.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's too bad. Since I don't need a data connection between the phone and the truck, I use these in the "cig lighter" ports: http://www.ebay.com/itm/140998134064?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Those ports charge fast and they're always on (vs. shutting off when you shut off the engine). Those little connectors sit flush enough you can close the doors to the ports when nothing's plugged in.

So, these little guys will charge a tablet and anything else better than the stock charging ports?