Mpg for new gas 2500

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I have seen is the 12-14 city and close to 17hwy, once you put on all terrain tires the mileage goes down, but if you keep speeds on the hwy around 62-64mph I have heard mileage get above 17(unloaded).

• 1 month later...

It's a trade off... The gasser is cheaper to buy and maintain, but duramaxes hold their value really well and are not terrible on fuel, I get about 17 mpg city. The duramax is also way better to drive and has one of the best transmissions you can buy

The 6.2L has more HP, more Torque, and better fuel economy. It is just a matter of time before the 6.0L goes away. Yes it is an aluminum block but that has already been proven to not be an issue with heavy duty usage.

The 6.2L has more HP, more Torque, and better fuel economy. It is just a matter of time before the 6.0L goes away. Yes it is an aluminum block but that has already been proven to not be an issue with heavy duty usage.

I feel like GM will come out with a different gas motor for the HD's. Or at least a different variant of the 6.2 for the HD's

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Any more on this? What type of heavy duty usage? I tow a 10K lbs camper and a 12K boat a few thousand miles a year. Snow trailer is about 5K.

I currently have a 2003 2500HD Dmax and have had injectors replaced twice (100K then again at 165K-not under warranty) and am leary of buying another diesel....especially with the price of diesel vs gas. The payoff is no longer there like it was in 2003.

Nothing new yet. And why are you continuing to replace injectors? Did you have all of them replaced at 100,000 miles? If so what did you go with brand wise? Please tell me you are not using rebuilt ones! Most of the folks I know who had that first gen Duramax with injector issues replaced them and never had another injector issue again. Some trucks out there with 600,000+ miles on them on the 2nd set of injectors.

http://www.hotrod.com/news/0909phr-hot-rod-new-products/

Archived