squeal, squeak on my Tahoe and at my wits end!

I have a 2003 Tahoe. Just recently I started getting a squeal type sound coming from the front drivers side (I'm pretty sure not positive). It gets faster as you drive and hitting the brakes has no effect so I'm sure it's not the brakes. Odd thing is when I kick it into 4 wheel drive it stops and doesn't come back for awhile. I checked the front differential fluid and it was a little low so I filled it. Everything on the front end is solid, wheel bearings seem fine, no rips in the cv boots or anything. I'm at a loss here. Any suggestions?

Ok just got around to pulling the drive Shaft yesterday. The rear universal joint on the front drive Shaft was pretty well locked up. I'm pretty positive this was the problem. Weird thing is that I thought the front drive Shaft wasnt supposed to turn unless the truck was in 4x4. Oh well, ordered the new universals so will be fixed up this week. Onto my next issue now, trying to bleed the breaks on my arctic cat 400 4x4. Time to research it because for some reason they won't bleed. Jeesh does everything have to break at once????

Archived