New member & 2015 Silverado HD 2500 Owner

cjackg

In late Feb, I purchased a new 2015 Silverado HD 2500 Duramax 4x4 LTZ to use as the tow vehicle for a Heartland Cyclone Toy hauler we have special ordered.

I have owned a lot of Ford & Dodge pickups over the years but this is my first Chevy. The decision came down to the best HD towing platform and the Allison-Duramax combo is widely regarded as the top.

In getting used to the new truck and preparing for serious towing, I have looked around at several online Forums and like the looks of this one so far. Nice to see some GM participation here and coverage of the 2015s.

Since Feb, I have driven the Chevy just over 2900 miles in a variety of conditions and am very impressed with most aspects of the truck. I have towed 2 different trailers with it so far but the serious towing will start when we take delivery of the Cyclone Fifth Wheel soon.

The only issues so far have been the small mirrors (now replaced by the Dlr with Towing mirrors) and a very persistent vibration that only occurs at 58 to 64 mph and only when towing. I have been trying to work this out with my dealers service but so far this vibration is still an open issue. Not sure how this will shape up with the Fifth Wheel... Really tough to resolve a problem that is only apparent when towing.

Jack

Welcome. Just curious what cab/bed you have? I know the longer trucks are prone to driveline vibrations when loaded.

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk

The 2015 truck is a Crewcab, shortbed 4x4. Think I'll start a separate thread with all the details in hopes that someone has resolved a similar issue...

Yep, already been back to the dealer several times... The vibration is present all the time in the range 55 to 65mph.

See full details in the thread I recently added.. http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/160433-2015-silverado-2500hd-with-vibration-problems/

Hello cjackg,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle regarding vibration when going 58 to 64 MPH. I understand that you already visited your local dealership regarding this issue. I would be more than happy to look into this concern for you. Please private message me referencing this thread if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

Archived