Mylink updates? (where to locate availability)

I've not seen or heard of any website that would allow you to check this info. It would probably be easiest and more fruitful if you were to simply stop in at the dealership....maybe give them a call first, they would probably be able to tell you if there is indeed an update to yours available.

The owners manual says to check chevy.com, but i haven't seen any link there under the owners portal that displays available updates. It would be nice if you could simply download to a usb stick or SD card and update your head-unit at home and save the trip to the dealer.

Wishful thinking Steve. One would think so in today's downloadable world, but with our trucks we have to rely on the dealer to sort it out and download for us using their update tools. I've seen lists of updates somewhere ( can't remember where) but when I took the list to the dealer, he said most did not apply for one reason or another. Mostly because I could not tell which revision my truck currently has in each category (transmission, engine, A/C, radio, nav, etc.). And, yes, there are many "systems" in our trucks, each with its own software.

My dealer service guy just tells me to call with a symptom snd they will sort it out. Some of their Technical Service Bulletins or TSB, fix multiple issues. For instance there is a TSB that solves the blank screen issue that some members have posted about which fixes several blue tooth and response issues with the Infotainment System. Also fixed where the screen returns after a phone call is received.

MMC - that's the web site I saw before. So this is the list confirming what I have based on VIN - somehow I missed that before. As an example, I see those for the Infotainment system I mentioned above are listed, although pretty cryptic. In reading the User Guide, you need a Tech 2 scan tool to manage the calibrations (read what you have and download a new one). I had the radio one done and it took them 2 hours with all of the procedure and other settings they had to work with. I guess what I am saying here is, I am not sure how helpful this info is beyond what I found in TECHLINK at http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/ which is where I found the info on the Blank Screen calibration and that it applied to other issues. I printed this one out and gave it to service manager, but his tech knew about it based on the problems I described.

Is there a website or a way to see if your VIN has available updates for the MyLink? Mine is not recogniziing my voice.

Hi ace ventura,

I am sorry that your MyLink hasn’t been recognizing your voice and I can understand how frustrating that could be. Have you contacted your dealership regarding this issue? If you could PM me you VIN, mileage, dealership, and contact information, I would be happy to get in touch with your dealership to discuss your concern.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Austin J.

GM Customer Care

Archived