2015 Silverado 2500HD with vibration problems...

I will let you know this week as the new toyos will be installed this coming Tuesday. They are going on the GM 20" aluminum rims. Im sure hoping that this solves the vibe issue for good.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My truck is going back to the dealer Tuesday as I'm still having this issue. It was there 2 weeks ago with a gm engineer being involved and it got 3 new tires and 2 rear shocks replaced. Felt good briefly and now the vibration is back. I was also being told that they noticed it appearred the tires were moving on the rims and they had never seen that! This is getting old. Ill likely be pursuing a buy back or lemon law situation if not resolved on this up coming service appt. When does the bs end?!

My truck is going back to the dealer Tuesday as I'm still having this issue. It was there 2 weeks ago with a gm engineer being involved and it got 3 new tires and 2 rear shocks replaced. Felt good briefly and now the vibration is back. I was also being told that they noticed it appearred the tires were moving on the rims and they had never seen that! This is getting old. Ill likely be pursuing a buy back or lemon law situation if not resolved on this up coming service appt. When does the bs end?!

I would get rid of it.. A small percentage of 2500's have this problem, i don't know if there ever way a fix. This has been going on since the redesign in 2011.

I would get rid of it.. A small percentage of 2500's have this problem, i don't know if there ever way a fix. This has been going on since the redesign in 2011.

What do you think my best approach to make this happen would be? Truck got dropped off at dealer for the third time today and not a hint of empathy or apology from service team. stated they didnt think that the GM engineer would be coming out this time either, so I am sure I wont have much luck with this visit. Guess I should have kept the old GMC! :banghead::banghead:

No the vibration problem is still there. I can feel it in my back while driving. It seems to start at around 30-50 km/h and continues up past 100km/h, can also feel and see it in the steering wheel. Havent pulled the trailer yet to see how bad it is under load but that will be real soon, once i do that off to the dummy shop to see what my dealer is going to do. The tires themselves are light years better than that GY crap, really good looking tire,aggressive MT look without the road noise, ride smooth,quiet, no feeling of the tire collapsing like the GY crap, should have done this from day one like i was going to. Will be snowing here by tomorrow so if we get an accumulation i will keep you all updated on these tires. All these issues with these trucks should have been dealt with back in 2011 when they first reared there ugly head, or the Goverments should have dealt with GM by now.

What do you think my best approach to make this happen would be? Truck got dropped off at dealer for the third time today and not a hint of empathy or apology from service team. stated they didnt think that the GM engineer would be coming out this time either, so I am sure I wont have much luck with this visit. Guess I should have kept the old GMC! :banghead::banghead:

Every dealer is different, but if it's the dealer you brought it from I would have a sit down with the manager and say I want to get out of this truck for the money I have into it or swap me one that Dosent vibrate. Or attempt to go through GM.

I have a 14 2500 that has no vibrations and I have been around many other 2011+ Hd trucks with no vibrations.

Well im going to give them an opportunity to at least deal with the problem once. Im also researching possible fixes so i can be as informed as possible and recognise the B.S. when im hearing it. I have the word out to the shop where i got the toyos and the owner is going to be looking into this as well, as he has a vested interest in this as well, because he's lifting,adding new wheels/tire combos etc for the dealership i bought my truck from. Don't think he wants grief from clients either. There has to be a root cause of all the complaints. The problem KMGZ400 is we here in Canada do not have a lemon law so forcing the dealer to take back the vehicle is rare if next to impossible.

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased a 2015 GMC 2500HD with a vibration/shimmy at 25mph that fades away at around 30mph.

It comes on again at 71mph and doesn't quite. I have had the truck into service multiple times where service checked all the body mounts, shocks, changed wheels and tires, and driveline. Nothing fixed the problem. They worked with GMC technical support and installed a vibration analyzer. Once the vibration levels were recorded they consulted with GMC and were told it was within normal specifications.

I am not satisfied with that answer and contacted GMC customer service. A case was created. Was called back by a someone with a foreign accent, hard to understand, and was told it was normal according to my dealer. He said I was the first complaint he is aware of with this problem. Now I know he is dishonest. I already know what the dealer said. They can feel it, it is reproducible but can do nothing about it.

Test drove a 3500HD, smooth as glass. Anyone have suggestions where to take it from here?

Hey guys. 15 Sierra Duramax here. Though the tires suck, I don't think they are the issue. Mine does it in park. Rev your truck up between 1500 and 1750 rpms. You may feel a flutter and watch your passenger seat shake. That translates to about 70 mph with 373 gears. Let me know how you make out.

Guys, I hate to say it but my truck went in for vibrations also. It mainly occurs between 50-60 mph but it more of a pulse vibration and when it shifts into a passing gear. The dealership called GM and stated an account and they claimed they were puzzled about the vibration. Several dealerships employees drove the truck and all of them claimed they felt it. So long story short....GM is sending the dealership a fancy machine that will diagnosis the vibration.

Stay tuned....they said it would be a week or so before the machine arrived.

• 2 weeks later...

Took my truck to the dealer for a road test and the shop foreman whos been at this game for over 50 years said he def knows what im feeling with my vibration. So will be in to get things looked at next Tuesday. He also mentioned there is a service bulletin out to check to see if the motors are centered and or level. There seems to be a problem where by the motors were not centered and or leveled correctly before being bolted to the motor mounts and at steady speed or cruising speeds there is contact being made with the frame. When i know more i will post.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a vibration problem with 2015 2500 HD denali duramax srw. At 68 it starts to vibrate and gets worse as you speed up. As the vibration starts you can slow the truck down and the vibration stops then as you speed up it picks up again. Truck has 500 miles on it, it has been in the shop for a week and dealer is trying to get to the bottom of it. Pretty frustrating. I have not tried to tow anything yet. ugh...

Different truck, mine was a F-250 but I believe you were experiencing what is called a death wobble. My truck always had a slight but very noticeable shake at 38 mph and 76 mph (yup thats twice the speed, I'm guessing its some sort of Harmonic Vibration.) Just last month I hit a bump while getting on to the interstate ( doing about 65), the entire truck started shake so hard I almost lost control while going around the turn. The only thing that stopped it was / is slowing down. The dealership replaced quite a few items on the front end. It's not happened again, however the bouncing at those speeds are worse now than before. The F-250 has a set of Michelin tires and has been aligned more times that I can count. In the end my truck's vibration issues where tearing up my empty boat trailers by transferring the shake into them. No of my other trucks cause these trailers to do this.

Those problems are why I'm moving over to the GMC family, I sure in the hell hope that my new 2500HD doesn't have this issue.

Guys, I hate to say it but my truck went in for vibrations also. It mainly occurs between 50-60 mph but it more of a pulse vibration and when it shifts into a passing gear. The dealership called GM and stated an account and they claimed they were puzzled about the vibration. Several dealerships employees drove the truck and all of them claimed they felt it. So long story short....GM is sending the dealership a fancy machine that will diagnosis the vibration.

Stay tuned....they said it would be a week or so before the machine arrived.

3 weeks later, no response from GM and no ETA on this special tool that was going to magical diagnosis my truck.

Now, the transmission slips when pulling my boat but does slip while drive. Of course the service dept hasn't have anything to pull at there shop. I refuse to drag my $35k boat an hour for then to drag it around as suggested by the service manager.

I am a fishing guide that uses my truck and I have had to cancel trips due to; no one has the answer with my truck breakdown how do I get my customers and boat back safely. Their (GM) ok with me cancelling trip and not working.

Really disgusted with GM!!!!!!

Should had bought a Ford.

Well had mine into the dealer. They road force balanced my wheels with no change. They said there was at least 2 service bulletins as possible fixes but they believe its the tires so they won,t look into those till my tire guy puts another set of new toyos on my truck. The vibes were there with the wrangler sra,s on the truck but they say thet cant verify that so the tires wiith 1500 kms on them have to come off. Whats with crimping weights on the outside of new aluminum rims in this day and age. GM seems to think this is acceptable ( boggles my mind ) Im am now to starting to do a slow burn here. If the new tires are not the problem customer care in Canada are going to be hearing from me. Does anybody hear know the phone number to customer care in Canada or would it be a North America contact number.

Archived