2015 Silverado 2500HD with vibration problems...

Well took my 2500HD back after another 8000kms ofdriving,towing 5000lb Sowmobile trailer, 5th wheel, etc. Only change since first visit to dealer is that the vibration is actually getting worse and as bad towing as empty. After all the B.S. i went through back in Nov 2014, which included road force balancing all wheels, swapping out TOYOS i bought back to the original GY junk X2 at which time all involved including Service Manager,Shop Foreman felt the problem was a torque converter lockup issue and not a tire issue now are saying that after using some new GM miracle harmonic vibration detction device that i have a tire vibration issue. So not sure what kind of discussion im going to have with th Service Manager Wed. but i am not happy right now so can,t see this going well. The dealer also made it clear on Monday that GM Corporate is now not going to warranty anything if there has been modifications made in any way and that includes changing to differnt tires. I will be having a chat with GM Customer Care very soon as well. Every time i take my vehicles into the Dealership im made to feel like they have never heard of the problems before and im the first person to experience these problems even though these problems are very common throughout North America. Im rather fed up with this crap. Why is it that a mutimillion dollar company can not figure out what the F they are screwing up since 2011 on these trucks. If anybody has had any success or gotten any answers,satisfaction or is a mechanic, anything at all i am all ears here cause the mental midgets that im dealing with are ZERO help.

Thank you for all listening

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

Well fellow GMC HD owners, it has taken quite awhile and finding a new dealer with an old school shop foreman and service manager to figure out in one trip to the dealership 3 days in service for the parts and repair, what the dealer i purchased the vehicle from couldn't figure out in 2 years and a dozen trips to their service dept. Not to mention the audacity to tell GM customer care and i that they had 50 trucks on the lot just like mine and that they all drove the same as mine with the vibration. Well here is the fix at least for mine and i truly hope this helps someone else here. The backlash in my rear differential was never set correctly from the factory so there was a misalignment of the crown and pinion gear, sorry about the spelling. This was like 33,000kms later. 

Archived