Love hate relationship with All Terrain package

Ordering a Sierra Crew cab short box 4WD.

I am frustrated that GMC won't build the truck I want.

Options I want:

6.2 liter

Fire red color

Body color bumpers and Grill

Body color mirrors, door handles and door trim

Cocoa/dune leather

No fake wood in the interior

Console

Heated/Cooled seats

20" All terrain package wheels

That is a mix of SLE, SLT, and All Terrain exterior features, SLT engine option, and SLT Interior features.

Don't need the Z-71 package, or undercarriage protection that comes on the a/t package.

Only way I see to get what I want is to order an SLT, then modify it by painting the bumpers and grill, swapping door handles and trim with an SLE, order an aftermarket non-wood interior trim kit, and get the wheels swapped at the dealer. (Or go to aftermarket wheels.)

You guys have any ideas or a work around to help me?

Thanks!

I agree the way they have the pkgs set up is ridiculous. Why would someone not want cooled seats on a 40K+ p/u and the painted handles and molding should be offered on at least high outfitted ones.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That is exactly how I wish mine came but I settled for a chromed out Texas edition with 20" rapper wheels.

They don't understand some of us want a nice truck without all the damn chrome and big ugly wheels. 18" are more than adequate.

I just wanted cooled seats with the carbon fiber interior.

I had to give up the cooled seats which I fear I will regret later.

the color match handles (including tailgate handle) and mirrors should be a factory option on a truck with All terrain and SLT too.

Sounds like you want an All Terrain then just add the body colored mirror, handles, and door trim later. Interior trim won't be wood grain and You can get the AT with the body colored grille and bumpers as I think the colored bumper is optional. I wouldn't let cooled seats dictate what truck i'm buying.

I just wish that they woulda used a few more pieces of the brushed aluminum on the doors instead of the faux wood. I mean it would match the dash ?? Do they make aluminum ones ?

Yotaman

I just wish that they woulda used a few more pieces of the brushed aluminum on the doors instead of the faux wood. I mean it would match the dash ?? Do they make aluminum ones ?

Yotaman

Yes! The Sierra AT's have an aluminum if i'm not mistaken. Do the search for the interior trim thread.

Yotaman

Chevrolet has Aluminum and GMC has Carbon Fiber

Yeah I am on the same boat as you. I wanted the all terrain for the color matched grill and bumpers but not being able to get cooled seats was a deal breaker for me. The way I looked at it is, it is much easier to add the color matched grill, bumpers, handles, mirrors and aluminum trim on the inside of the truck then having to go aftermarket for the cooled seats. I really wanted the all terrain package and almost pulled the trigger on one but I could not justify ordering my truck and paying the good money and still not having cooled seats. I know the all terrains have the "special" carbon fiber looking seats but I mean C'MON!

My .02 is just order a SLT and buy all the color matched parts later. That is what I am doing. GL.

There are grills with coloured outside rings available thru accessories.

You'll probably have to sandblast and paint the bumper if you want the cooled seats.

I have an All Terrain. The faux "carbon fiber" plastic trim just disappears in a black interior. The faux "carbon fiber" vinyl on the outside edges of the seats is that much less leather and will likely not hold up nearly as well as the leather. It really cheapens the seats in my opinion and makes them less comfortable. Frankly, I'd rather have a standard SLT and add z71.

I couldn't care less about painted bumpers and door handles. It just cost me $500 to cover the bumper with a clear bra that I wouldn't do with a chrome bumper. Besides, you guys that like modifying things so much would have something to keep you busy if you want painted bumpers. All said, I wish I would've not bought a $3k All Terrain package.

I went through the same things when picking my truck. I couldn't get exactly what I wanted but came close. I even went back and forth between GMC and Chev to get what I wanted more.

One thing I do know is that if you buy a Toyota, you don't get to pick and choose. You get model A,B or C with the options they decided go into each level. At least thats the way it was when I looked at them a few years ago anyway.

Being able to custom order a truck with a lot more choices than that is nice.

You do have to keep in mind that they have to keep some kind of efficiency on the assembly line or we would complain about the even higher pricing. Custom mixing every single option would cut that down a bit and lead to a few more mistakes I would think. Just my thoughts anyway......

Thanks guys!

Just to clarify a few things.

You cannot get an A/T in fire red. White, black or silver are the choices.

A/T interior is black with Carbon fauxber accents. I would rather not have black interior.

Cooled seats are not a deal breaker for me... But they are extremely nice. If you have not come out of a successful sales call in your suit and tie on a hundred degree day, and blown some cool air on your neither regions... Don't underestimate their importance.

Thanks guys!

Archived