4 months and the problems grow

I picked up my 2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT double cab on Dec 31, 2013, and since then it seems that my disappoint only grows. Living in CT I chose the 4x4 to handle the winter conditions. My first day driving it home, I engaged the 4x4 hi and the first issue appeared. A high pitch electronic noise coming from the switch area, then came the first fire recall, then came the rock hitting the windshield sound coming from my dashboard area, transmission banging sounds, a radio that I guess I have more then 5 presets but can't swipe my finger correctly to get to them, a radio that doesn't seem to know to be in HD or normal radio signal,a temp control that swings hot/cold, lights on my dash that some trucks have and others don't and now after finally getting a good wash in I see rust flakes in my white paint job. I have read the other posts and am really surprised that theses issues seem common place yet nothing can be done and some say that we are complaining?! I thought this was a place to discuss topics and see how others had it handled. There are some nice features but a lot of issues that I hope chevy handles.

Well, the rust colored paint flexs are a product of your environment. Road de-icing salts, airborne rust particles from highways, bridge girders, plow blades wearing on pavement etc. Its all over the rust belt. Shows up on light colors. People call it rail dust that's not always the case. My 2012 has it and it never did for almost 2 yrs before this winter.

I will try the clay bar. My other 2 vehicles both white don't have the rust flakes. Maybe something in the paint that makes them bond better to the truck? As far as trading in a truck with 4,000 miles for a truck built by the same company that can't fix the bugs, no way. I was hoping to get 12-15 years out of this truck, I am concerned that around 5 years from now that the issues will be beyond repairing. I will be heading in for the first oil change with the punch list of repairs to be looked at. Hoping it's handled in a more positive way then how others have had their problems handled.

Sorry to hear about your issues, took ten trips to the dealer to get the bugs out of my truck and the radio is still a piece of junk, in my opinion GM needs to work on there quality control, or adopt a new motto "At GM quality is job last" Wife has a 2013 4 Runner no recalls, zero defects, zero trips to the dealer.

10 trips to the dealer is unacceptable in my book. And from I what read here that seems to be common place. 10 trips or being given a loaner vehicle to repair a brand new truck is ridiculous!! I picked this truck because it had received great reviews and was the truck of the year. I am really regretting this purchase.

Sorry to hear about your issues, took ten trips to the dealer to get the bugs out of my truck and the radio is still a piece of junk, in my opinion GM needs to work on there quality control, or adopt a new motto "At GM quality is job last" Wife has a 2013 4 Runner no recalls, zero defects, zero trips to the dealer.

Quality control is absolutely not the last job at GM. It is job # 36.

Archived