Tell Us About Your Tire Upgrades & Share Your Experience

Rewillia

do you think those tires would have fit if you didnt have the 2" front blocks?

don't know. maybe others here can chip in. I already had the lift done before I purchased the tires.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was reading this thread and noticed the black roof on your truck….NICE! looks sweet and different, I like different!

thanks I like it as well.

I picked up a set of aftermarket rims and tires. 305/50R20 Nitto Terra Grappler tires. No level kit.

I need to find out what the offset of the rims are.

Cooper discoverer AT/3 275/60R20 on my 2014 silverado, love them so far! Great dry, wet and snow traction, decent for light mud. They are also almost silent on the highway and balance really well, I have about 2k miles on them with no issues.

Can anyone tell me if 275/65/18 tires will fit my Sierra base(work truck)? I have a quote for new wheels and tires and I'm not sure if that size will fit. The tire guy wants a deposit before he orders and my truck won't be in for another couple of weeks from the factory. Thanks in advanced. I'm new to this truck and tires thing. By the way, no lift or level.

Can anyone tell me if 275/65/18 tires will fit my Sierra base(work truck)? I have a quote for new wheels and tires and I'm not sure if that size will fit. The tire guy wants a deposit before he orders and my truck won't be in for another couple of weeks from the factory. Thanks in advanced. I'm new to this truck and tires thing. By the way, no lift or level.

That's a 32" tire, almost the same as stock, I installed 275/60R20 (33") before installing the lift, no issues at all. I'd say go for it!

That's a 32" tire, almost the same as stock, I installed 275/60R20 (33") before installing the lift, no issues at all. I'd say go for it!

Awesome, thanks. I wasn't sure if the base had enough room compared to the 4x4 especially since my stock is 17" 255 tires. Thanks!

• 1 year later...

I went with toyo at2 in 275/65/20 on factory wheels and a 2.5 level. I specifically didn't want wider but did want taller. Wider means poor snow/winter performance and decreased mileage. I did need to do a bit of wheel well liner trimming at the edges. Tin snips did the job in two minutes. 10-ply tires did stiffen the ride for sure but happy with the look of this size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking about doing the same, can u post some pix? Much appreciated

I couldn't stand the factory SR-A's, and wanted to go with a taller tire with an aggressive look and better snow/winter traction. I did a 2" level lift and went with BF Goodrich KO2's in LT275/70-R18 after a ton of reading and comparing. I also took off the front air dam. Just what the doctor ordered:

20150927_120040_zpsxyhnt1ju.jpg

20150811_194803_zpsvugm4xhw.jpg

20150811_193647_zps2suymzpx.jpg

I couldn't stand the factory SR-A's, and wanted to go with a taller tire with an aggressive look and better snow/winter traction. I did a 2" level lift and went with BF Goodrich KO2's in LT275/70-R18 after a ton of reading and comparing. I also took off the front air dam. Just what the doctor ordered:

20150927_120040_zpsxyhnt1ju.jpg

20150811_194803_zpsvugm4xhw.jpg

20150811_193647_zps2suymzpx.jpg

I notice in the first picture you had a mudflap and the rest you do not. Were they rubbing? I want to level and add 305-55-20 tires and a 0 offset wheel, but I want to keep my weathertech mudflaps.

In running 285/50-22 nitto g2 terras on a 22x9.5 +18 offset XDs. Rubbed a bit at full lock in reverse on the fenderliners and flaps. Ziptied my liners back a bit, and I had to trim about 1/2" of my mudflaps just above the top mounting point (inside fender well, not visable). Turned out great. Perfect fit with very minimal gap on the sides and still nice travel for the top. Night/day vs my stock SRAs

20151124_143034.jpg

20151123_142913.jpg

I notice in the first picture you had a mudflap and the rest you do not. Were they rubbing? I want to level and add 305-55-20 tires and a 0 offset wheel, but I want to keep my weathertech mudflaps.

Good catch! I took some pics before the mud flaps went on. I originally went with weathertech's at all four, but one of the rear flaps fell off somewhere. Weathertech basically told me to pack sand, and would not sell me a single flap, only a pair. I said "forget you guys", and took the other rear off, and put on a set of the GMC flaps in the rear. I've had bad luck with Weathertech on this truck, and will not patronize them again. My front floor liners are distorting after just a few months, and they told me to turn them upside down, and put weights on them to try and bend them back. I'm going to try and sell them and go with the Husky Weatherbeater's that I originally wanted. I believe Weathertech has cheapened their product to increase profits.

In running 285/50-22 nitto g2 terras on a 22x9.5 +18 offset XDs. Rubbed a bit at full lock in reverse on the fenderliners and flaps. Ziptied my liners back a bit, and I had to trim about 1/2" of my mudflaps just above the top mounting point (inside fender well, not visable). Turned out great. Perfect fit with very minimal gap on the sides and still nice travel for the top. Night/day vs my stock SRAs

20151124_143034.jpg

20151123_142913.jpg

Those wheels look amazing!

Archived