New member from LA

shane77c

Morning everyone. Hope you all have a great easter weekend.

I am new to your forums and I have 08 chevy Silverado 4 door graystone metallic LS 4.8 73k (stock) on it and its been a great truck. I have been looking at upgrading my truck to the newer body with a few extra bells and whistles. I mostly use my truck to haul a 14-18" open trailer with a few ATV's around on the weekends.

In the next month or two I plan on test driving the GMC Sierra 4x4 (not sure of extra options i want) or possibly a tundra, Just to see whats is out there and compare it too.

Thanks again and talk to you all soon

Shane

Welcome, I was thinking Tundra myself, ended up with a 2014 Sierra. I was planning on sticking with my 2003 Sierra a while longer, 94,000 mostly trouble free miles. I saw some brake issues and a few other things on the horizon, and my value dropping.

I skimmed through some research and reviews when a relative was looking at trucks a few weeks ago. At that time I told him I was leaning Tundra, he should check them out. Then I started looking at more reviews and saw the Tundra fell a bit short on average. With the price of fuel today I can save about $1000 a year with a 5 mpg improvement, 15,000 annual miles. That's compared to my 2003 6.0 gas engine.

We all do different stuff, no one truck is best for all. My last 2 trucks were crew cab 2500's. this time I dropped back to a 1500 series. My heaviest trailer is just over 3000 lbs. my buddy says to always buy the '3/4 ton', he's also a small farmer and is always towing heavy stuff. I think I can get by with the smaller back seat too.

This is my 4th Sierra, going back to 1993. I haven't had a lemon yet, and hope to avoid the experience.

I agree. But it's been a great truck. I sold my 92 corvette for it and it like to break my heart doing it but I had too.

I pulled a 18" trailer with a rhino and toe other grizzly's on it plus one in the back of the bed.. It could tell it was really working with all that weight but didn't have a problem. Looking forward to test driving the new ones

• 2 years later...

Hello folks. Its been awhile since I have been on here but I am back in a chevy! A couple years ago I did buy a tundra, It was a great truck. I really did enjoy driving it and owning the vehicle but I was towing more weight then I should have with. it. I got in the tractor business bushhoging different clients property etc. The tundra did well pulling it but it was just to much. So i upgraded to a 2014 Dmax.

old truck with tractor

http://www.vikingforum.org/forum/attachments/viking-meets/20449d1434240307-louisiana-group-img_0645-1.jpg

New Dmax

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=877617&stc=1&d=1475365838

Archived