My Link Software Updates/desired changes

Does anyone know how often we can expect software updates? I think the My Link system has some nice features but I also think there are some much needed changes to provide a better user experience..Here are a couple basic issues I have found and would like fixed. There is a post in the 1/2 ton section about this too..

1. You can preset your favorite channels but as you cycle through the channels with the steering wheel button the channels (5 at a time) that show on the bottom of the screen do not automatically move to the next 5. The only way to get the next set of 5 to show is to touch the screen and swipe, and that doesn't work too well. I would like to see the presets follow along as you cycle through the channels with the steering wheel button.

2. The next issue is with the steering wheel button used to scan the favorite channels. This is very annoying, to flip through the channels you need to first hit the button on the left rear of the steering wheel, this pulls up the menu, then you have to hit it again to actually change the channel. The really frustrating part is if you pause for like 2 seconds to see if you like the song, the menu goes away…then you need to hit the button to pull up the menu again then hit the button again to change the channel…and this process continues as you search, very frustrating.

3. Use of phone calling. If you receive or make a call, the phone menu pops up on the screen. Once the call has been completed that menu stays on the screen rather than reverting back to the screen you were at prior to making or receiving the call. Not a big deal but it is distracting and an annoyance.

4. NAV system..Maybe someone can help with this..On my wife's 2014 Enclave, the NAV will split screen and show in advance what services (Gas, restaurants etc..) that are available at the next 3-4 exits. The My Link System doesn't seem to do this unless I'm just missing it somewhere. This feature is handy if you're running low on fuel and deciding how long you can go before the next stop and when fuel, food will be available. Also, there is no option to split screen the upcoming turns along with estimated time of arrival and remaining miles, these are both available on the Buick Intellilink system.

Bottom line, some great features but as always the difference is in the details, I just hope GM listens and can incorporate some changes into future software updates.

I think we should post requested changes somewhere and have those sent to Chevrolet/GMC for future updates…just a thought

• 2 weeks later...

In the NAV you need to turn on the points of interest. While you are in the NAV, go into the menu's. I'll see if I can make a short video after work to show where I'm talking.

I have the POI's added..What I would like is it to show the 3 upcoming exits and what services are there, not just an icon on the map as you are passing by. Maybe there is a way that I'm not aware of..

• 1 month later...

Has anyone had trouble with there nav 3 times I have put in addresses and the nav had no clue. I could find the addresses in the On star app and when I would send the address to the nav it would make a distention and say your is distention is on a unnamed road. Over the last 8 years I had a new GM vehicle every 6 month never had a problem with navs. Now 2 things have changed 1 I have moved to KY no longer in MI 2 new 2015 2500 HD. My wife and I no longer trust the nav We use are phones first. The 1st we triad this new nav and it said your is distention is on a unnamed road it toke us to a not so nice part of town I pulled out my phone and followed it. Here is some addresses for you costco 1500 Fitzgerald Ct, Lexington, KY 40509 costco grand opening was on Oct 2013 another one is 128 Ashley Inn Way, Lancaster, KY 40444 this house was built in 1840. If you type in that address in Google maps You see Lexington Rd. I27. On my nav in the truck Pine crest road is labeled Lexington rd and I27 is not even there. Anyone else having trouble like this.

Hi capinky,

I understand that you are experiencing some difficulties with the navigation system in your vehicle. I will be glad to look further into this and contact your dealership on your behalf in order to look further into this concern. Please send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealership name if we can be of any assistance. Also, please reference this thread in the private message. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Kristen A.

GM Customer Care

• 1 month later...

Took delivery of 2015 Silverado 3500 LTZ last week. Same problems with Navigation, and not showing exit numbers on the interstate. Does show BP stations which is a real insult if you live on the Gulf Coast. MyLink really needs some help and we paid for it. Also got the whistle and can not find Fuel Used as well as engine hours. I traded a GMC 2014 2500HD it has a much better system, much better.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi capinky,

I understand that you are experiencing some difficulties with the navigation system in your vehicle. I will be glad to look further into this and contact your dealership on your behalf in order to look further into this concern. Please send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealership name if we can be of any assistance. Also, please reference this thread in the private message. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Kristen A.

GM Customer Care

This is not a dealer problem - It's a GM problem!! Solution - go buy a Garman or Ran McNally GPS

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone had their MyLink system updated yet? I'm very annoyed with the interface of this system. I hate the menu that pulls up when changing the channels from the steering wheel. My navigation system calculates the estimated arrival of at least twice as long as it actually takes. I took it to the dealer, played with multiple setting changes, but there is no fix. I hate this new system so bad that I'm about to go back to a RAM. The Chrysler system is far superior and I was able to update via usb stick whenever I desired without having to take it to the dealer.

• 1 month later...

The navigation calculation us a joke! I have just given up... I bought a top of the line garmin and I'm over it. I'll call OnStar and they can customize the route but you won't get the map view, just turn by turn. Helpful only if you going a long distance really. I will input a destination to watch the route weather, but the new Dezl garmins do it now also. I get the frustration, but it's fixabe with a garmin.

Archived