Headers on a Chevy 2500 (7.4L)

So, I've been kicking around the idea of putting headers on my 1995 Chevy 2500 (2wd, 7.4L), but one thing that concerns me is them rusting out. I'm looking at a $210 set of Hedman headers for it, as of now, this truck is my daily driver, but I will soon be getting a high gas mileage car, and the truck will be parked in the garage and will then be my project truck. I plan on wrapping the headers in titanium exhaust wrap as well, I live in Iowa so this definitely sees a lot of snow and ice.

How long do you guys think the headers will hold up?

Thanks!!

Drake

IMO- 1-2 years with the exhaust wrap. the wrap is nice for holding in heat, but it also will hold in moisture, and the headers will still rust out.. spend the extra $$ on a good set of ceramic coated headers, or stainless. should get many years out of them..

Thanks for the advice! I think what I'll do though is sand blast a set of painted headers and spray high-temp paint on it, let the paint dry and then wrap them in exhaust wrap. I don't have any desire to spend more than $300 on a set of headers. In my truck, would I have any ground clearance with full length headers? Mind you, my truck's suspension is stock (NOT lowered, or lifted at all).

Thanks for the help!!

Archived