Firestone Destination vs Bridgestone Dueler 2

poppatello

I have narrowed my search to these two brands. I’m going with 285/75/16’s. I am just having trouble deciding to which one I want. Here is my purpose of the truck. It’s a primary tow rig for my 30’ TT and surf rig. It isn’t my daily driver as I have a company truck but I do drive it from time to time.

I am looking for something that is good all around but mostly in the sand, highway, good ice, snow, and mud traction when needed.

I understand I could get a dedicated snow tire for winter but I don’t plan to do that. My research shows that the Duelers the better of the two in all areas. However, I want to hear from real people. I don’t trust reviews on manufacture sites.

So could you folks chime in and let me know what you think of these tires if you ran them please. Looking for sand and highway handling but the others are important as well.

Thanks in advance…

I m running Destination AT's on my chevy work truck and personal truck there a good riding tire. They balanced out with minimal weights, good snow traction and dry road traction seemed to increase as I got some miles on them. Wet road was good for a AT tire and they got me in and out of our nasty deer camp road this season. Dislikes they like to hold some gravel and fling them out after you pull out on the highway and get going. I think you would like them for all around type tire for a truck.

When i bought my truck i had a pair of Bridgestone duelers on it. When they needed to be replaced i got a pair of wildcountry xtx (they were free). I hated the wild country tires. horrible traction, loud, bad mpg. My original mileage was a combined 14 mpg and 17 highway. The wild countrys made my mileage go to 11 combined and 16 highway.

Just last week i got new firestone destination a/t's. it is a huge upgrade. so much less highway noise. much better wet road and dry road handling and i felt the cornering was better too. i cant compair much to my duelers because i had them so long ago but i feel like they are comparable. i would definitely go with destinations again for my next tire ive read great reviews and im liking them so far.

i cant give you any mileage reports on the destinations, i havent filled up since i got them. the destinations are cheaper then duelers and from what ive read very close if not identical (you are paying for the bridgestone name)

go for the destinations at's and dont look back. you will be happy

2004 gmc sierra 1500

Thank you yz2009. That's my issue. If it were the price it would be easy. But the size I am looking for; 285/75/16 for both tires is only a dollar difference!

The Duelers are in fact $194 per tire and the Destinations are $195 per tire. Both are from the Firestone store. The cheapest I found them is $181 but then you have to add shipping.

I wished the price was so damn closed...

Archived