Most disappointing car/truck you've owned?

SnakeEyeSS

Mine is easy, 2000 Malibu LS. Bought it used as a car to hold us over a few months until we had the cash in hand to buy what my wife wanted next outright. It didn't even last that long....and was a huge reason our next cars weren't GM(my Intrigue suffered a sudden catastrophic failure of multiple systems within a few months after, suspension, piston rings, and a common W body AC issue.)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2014 Chevy High Country

Expected it to be the best Chevy pickup built and the best I have ever owned.

I have been sadly disappointed.

It is my 7th new chevy pick up and my 12th I have had. This new one has me wondering if the quality that built GM's reputation was forfeited in bankruptcy court.

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 5.3 ccsb

-excessive oil consumption

-trans toast @ 160,000km (100,000mls)

-leaking 3rd brake light seal

-rear sliding window broken

-noisy interior

-frame rusted

-rear parking assist broken

-foam sticking out at the bottom of the driver seat

-driver side mirror heater works once in a while only

-heated washer fluid disabled due to problems with wiring

When my '13 Silverado turns out to be the same junk it'll be definitely my last GM truck.

I rather go back to trucks like my old Jeep J10.

so long

j-ten-ner

1994 Camaro Z28, LT1 in general was a horrible design, and the Optispark distributor was a headache.

The other one was my 2009 Silverado. Not a bad truck, just had a lot of annoying small problems, then the transmission gave me problems at 30k miles.

Sent from my Droid Ultra

2014 Chevy High Country

Expected it to be the best Chevy pickup built and the best I have ever owned.

I have been sadly disappointed.

It is my 7th new chevy pick up and my 12th I have had. This new one has me wondering if the quality that built GM's reputation was forfeited in bankruptcy court.

This is sad, really.

1994 Dodge Ram 3500 diesel with auto trans. My 91 Dodge was great keep it for 15 years. The 91 would pull circles around the 94. Traded it for a 95 V10, ended owning dodges for pulling for me.

I rather go back to trucks like my old Jeep J10.

At least with Jeep's you knew you were going to be working on them. No disappoint me there.

My first car was a brand new 85 CJ7. It has been a source of major disappointment over the years. Not any thing it did while I owned it, I have been disappointed in myself that I sold it.

2011 Dodge Challenger, trouble from the start, mostly electrical issues, final straw was a/c failed in the middle of a heat wave. It had it's good points, 30+ mpg, 3.6 v6 rocket acceleration, very smooth and quiet ride, seats were absolute torture.

The key word here is "disappointing"... not "worse". I don't feel like I've ever been ripped off on a car for what I paid. By far, the most reliable have been the two Honda's... a 89 and a 93 Accord. Still have the 93. I've rebuilt most of the suspension (bushings, struts, control arms, etc.), and it still drives eerily "like new".

Forgot one, 77 dodge RT roadrunner bought on a Friday, gave back on Monday. Bought from a Chevy dealer that bought out a bankrupt dodge dealer. They just smiled and handed me my keys back for my 74 nova ss.

Sounds like my Z28.

Sent from my Droid Ultra

I got so sick of that car. I finally just got it running and got rid of it. Dealer gave us $2000 trade in and gave it to Car Mart :lol:

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Archived