Chinese F-150 Knock-Off

PMattras

http://www.offroadxtreme.com/news/chinese-f-150-knock-off-debuts-at-beijing-auto-show/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=chinese-f-150-knock-off-debuts-at-beijing-auto-show

I thought that was where real Ford Trucks were made anyways.

Now they make copy cat vehicles. What do you think is next?

The largest of the two Mitsubishi-derived engines is a 3.2L six-cylinder diesel producing 107 HP. The second and smaller engine is a 2.4L four-cylinder gasoline engine dolling out 143 HP.

Wow, I bet it really hauls ass

Way to be original. If I was ford I would start selling real powerful trucks over there not the minibike engines they put in theirs. Put that company out of business

Ryan

I'm willing to go out on a limb here and say that those trucks will be junk. It reminds me of their knock-off Japanese dirt bikes. One of them during testing almost killed Pingree... Quality, not their strong suit.

Way to be original. If I was ford I would start selling real powerful trucks over there not the minibike engines they put in theirs. Put that company out of business

Ryan

They can't, read up on how auto business is handled in China. By law, and foreign automaker must partner with a Chinese automaker, who then builds the car there. BMW used to ship crated sub-assemblies to a Chinese factory for finishing, not sure if they still do.

As for copying, remember they ripped off the H2 years ago and GM sued, and despite being a mirror image, the Chinese courts didn't "see any similarities". China only enforced trademarks and copyright between Chinese companies, they could care less about if an american product is copied.

Wonder if they are currently copying a missing 777 ???

Ryan

Maybe, they are about done with the F35 copy, which they put in the air years faster than we did......still haven't figured out that one yet. Guess those stolen blueprints from the Pentagon were pretty detailed!

But they were so proud of their own jets used in the search!

They do this all the time and it's all junk. The only good stuff to come out of china are products with strict western quality controls. Everything else is reverse engineered trash.

Archived