Interior squeak, behind IP?

Hi All,

I'll start off by saying i searched and didn't find any topics already started that describe the noise I'm hearing. I just got my Silverado last week. Shortly after driving off the lot I noticed a squeak from what seems to be behind the IP on the drivers side. It seems to be when I am going over bumps but sometimes it happens just from accelerating. Has anyone had this issue/know of any fixes? I know all new cars will have issues but this squeak has been bothering me. Sorry if there is already a topic for this specific one that I missed.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also check directly under the steering wheel . Behind the access panel there seems to be some kind of metal vibrating against it. Sometimes the direction of the sound can be misleading.

Thanks guys, I'll check these ideas out today when I leave work. Happy this is my not issue with the truck, it's just an annoyance though buying a brand new truck and having to deal with the squeak. When I hopefully figure it out I'll update this thread with the results for others.

Only issue*

I have a squeek that I thought was from the interior, but now I don't think that is the case. It is a high pitched (like metal on metal) when I let off the gas and tap it again. I doesn't do it when I first take off. I began to notice that it does it usually going from 4cylinder to 8. Not the other way around. I took it in, only one kid at the dealership could hear it clear as day. The shop forman couldn't hear it (older man). They basically told me that GM doesn't have anything out about that and there is nothing they can do. I spoke to the lead of the service area and the man told me, "it is hard to satisify people that are nit picky". And then asked if i had a problem with the truck, and was trying to get out of it. UNBELIEVABLE. so im pretty much picking up my truck today and have to live with the squeek that I hear plain as day.

I have a squeek that I thought was from the interior, but now I don't think that is the case. It is a high pitched (like metal on metal) when I let off the gas and tap it again. I doesn't do it when I first take off. I began to notice that it does it usually going from 4cylinder to 8. Not the other way around. I took it in, only one kid at the dealership could hear it clear as day. The shop forman couldn't hear it (older man). They basically told me that GM doesn't have anything out about that and there is nothing they can do. I spoke to the lead of the service area and the man told me, "it is hard to satisify people that are nit picky". And then asked if i had a problem with the truck, and was trying to get out of it. UNBELIEVABLE. so im pretty much picking up my truck today and have to live with the squeek that I hear plain as day.

On my way to the dealer after work I'll pay attention to the details you stated, see if I can pin point it to any of those. I also had older people ride in it who can't hear it, sure hope they don't try to bs me. One service person at the dealer I talk to yesterday questioned if I knew what the frame was when talking about the undercoating wax, mind you I'm an automotive designer so I can't wait to see what fast ball bs they try and throw at me

Thanks man. It drives me nuts. It's a fast high pitched churp. Doesn't matter if windows are up or down. About a half a second after you tap gas after its in 4 cylinder

Hey Guys, heres an update. I went to the dealer today, of course had to make an appointment to come beck next Monday. I am just happy that they're willing to try to figure it out. On my ride over there I paid attention to the V4 and V8 mode, mine seems to be present in both. I will put another update up when I get the truck back, hoping by next Friday but we will see. If they solve the problem I will try and get them to spill the beans on what it was. Thanks for the help everyone!

Archived