performance tune as opposed to conventional programmers

I have been thinking on getting a Programmer for my 2010 GMC Sierra 1500, 5.3L 3.08 Gear. A friend of mine keeps telling me that I need to have my truck tuned. He advised that a tune will do more for me on both power and fuel eco, but all this tune talk has me kind of worried because I haven't heard anything about it...

Anybody have any experience with having a newer truck like mine tuned, as opposed to just getting a program?

No worries. You will get a lot more out of that tune than any other. I think with the 6 speed the autocal would be a good option. That 6 speed will be a hell of a lot quicker than you think with a BB. Justin knows what he's doing. You will l be able to smoke them from a roll :)

No worries. You will get a lot more out of that tune than any other. I think with the 6 speed the autocal would be a good option. That 6 speed will be a hell of a lot quicker than you think with a BB. Justin knows what he's doing. You will l be able to smoke them from a roll :)

thanks for the info... do you know anything about any of these other tune operations? there are a couple of guys in northeast Arkansas that are doing tunes for about $100- $200. I have been told tonight about a couple of trucks that I know are fast, and they have been tuned. Like I said I just want to make sure I'm not going to screw my truck up...

You cant screw your truck up with a tune unless someone uneducated tunes your truck or your neutral or reverse bomb it. Just go with blackbear he's done over a thousand tunes. I've met him and he is a great guy. Plus you get free re-tunes

I have my truck tuned by black bear and while it did improve driveability a little that was about it. If you had a diesel then a tuner is one of the very first things you buy. For my 6.0 I got better shifting and the ability to run on premium fuel. The only reason you really need to tune is if you modify your truck outside of the stock fuel map. Getting a tune will give you maybe a mile more per gallon bug do nothing to increase power. It will feel different because of shift point changes and torque management but that's all you will get. To gain anything you need true cold air intakes and exhaust to open up the airflow and then tune for added fuel to increase power. Remember power and economy are inversely proportional so don't expect to gain 20 HP AND 5 mpg like most eBay chips would claim. To get more power you need more fuel. If you need more fuel then you aren't exactly saving any either. On a stock gas truck I'd save your money and look at some true power adding Bolt ons and what they can do. A motor is just one big air pump so more air in with more fuel makes a bigger bang. Then you need to open up the back and let that air go out. Justin does great work and has great customer service so I will never say anything bad about his service. I just to make sure you have realistic expectations before spending $500.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Archived