Denali Owners - Does Your Instrument Cluster Reset Frequently?

Denali Instrument Cluster  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just brought mine in again (second time for this) and they told me that they have no record of any other reports either. I had them file an official report so that I have a case number assigned to it.

At this point there is no solution. Not the end of the world, but certainly a pain in the a$$. They told me to bring it in the next time it happens. I explained that there is no way to know when it will happen and that it could be weeks.

Oh well. Hopefully others will file a report as well and get them to look into this.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I know this is an old thread but I'm having the same thing on my LT, mpg best's reset for no apparent reason. Anyone found the cause or a solution? After thinking back I believe I did remote start it, I'll have to do a few tests to check.

• 2 weeks later...

so i keep my cruise off and had no issues with this. this weekend i drove with cruise on and mine reset on me twice. i believe it would be considered small reset where the blank page shows up again. ive turned cruise off and have not reset since my trip this weekend.

so i keep my cruise off and had no issues with this. this weekend i drove with cruise on and mine reset on me twice. i believe it would be considered small reset where the blank page shows up again. ive turned cruise off and have not reset since my trip this weekend.

I have not been able to pin it on the cruise control. Used the cruise control on Monday. It did a small reset on Wednesday. However, on Wednesday I used the OnStar app on my phone to start the truck, and it reset. Maybe just a coincidence I feel...?

To date, have not encountered the problem of a reset instrument cluster on my '14 S-Den, that said, I had it since Dec-13 (7-mos) and only driven about 4K miles.

Do you have a phone hooked up via Bluetooth?

yes, i do, use an I-phone, streaming Pandora as well as hands-free phone use through the command unit. no issues at all. when phone rings, it overrides audio and once calls are dropped audio resumes...as well have a 32GB Ipod thats connected via USB, again no issues with either the cluster or command screen apps such as onboard nav, OnStar, etc etc.

please no futher questions...I certainly don't want to jinx myself as regard my not having issues other appear to be having :nonod:

could it be that the cluster/command system problems are due to terrestrial or other encroaching signals from unknown sources?....may be reasonable to ask/poll others who are experiencing the lock ups or resets if they are experiencing such in dense urban environments, remote locations, etc., such as radar interference.

could it be that the cluster/command system problems are due to terrestrial or other encroaching signals from unknown sources?....may be reasonable to ask/poll others who are experiencing the lock ups or resets if they are experiencing such in dense urban environments, remote locations, etc., such as radar interference.

I've had it happen in both areas. In a large city and at my cottage where there there is spotty cell phone reception.

yes, i do, use an I-phone, streaming Pandora as well as hands-free phone use through the command unit. no issues at all. when phone rings, it overrides audio and once calls are dropped audio resumes...as well have a 32GB Ipod thats connected via USB, again no issues with either the cluster or command screen apps such as onboard nav, OnStar, etc etc.

please no futher questions...I certainly don't want to jinx myself as regard my not having issues other appear to be having :nonod:

Haha! No more questions for you! The GM dealer told me that my phone is NOT supported by GM. Meaning -- my Samsung Galaxy S4 is not on the list of GM approved devices to be used in the vehicle. Imagine that?

So when I do have it linked up in the truck, it seems to rain havoc on my intrument cluster. When I don't have it paired with the truck, the resets are much less frequent.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey..I found a problem I DONT have... anyways..my wife and I have had several phones hooked up to ours and we use cruise all the time, and ours has never reset in almost 13k miles.. Its not a Denali, but sounds like it might be accross the board..

Archived