Denali Owners - Does Your Instrument Cluster Reset Frequently?

Denali Instrument Cluster  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Two weeks ago I brought this up again at my dealer when I was getting my oil changed. The tech actually called a GM engineer who said he never heard of this problem. Ugh. He told the tech to install a new HMI SW version that was in-work for our trucks. It's been less than two weeks and I think the problem has gotten worse. I was averaging a reset about once a week, and now they're happening about 3 times a week. I'm going to schedule another service appointment and push for more attention.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what I've done too, but now I want it fixed. I'm starting to get annoyed at all these little problems. I shouldn't have to "live with them", GM needs to fix them. I want a Denali cluster that works.

eventually they just quit pushing updates, like cell phone companies. the iphone 3s and older don't even get new updates. the trick is waiting out the complaints long enough you don't have to support the hardware. thats the way of technology.

There have been a few updates to the cluster software itself, they need to do the USB AND Cal updates.

got any version numbers or bulletin id's we can use to check? my dealer just goes nope nothing new out.

Great question. SW version numbers would be great to have.

Are there different Denali clusters? The tech at my dealership seemed to think that there were different clusters for some reason. That doesn't make sense to me.

We're talking clusters here, not Intellilink. I have seen that the new cluster has a 4x4 page showing vehicle lean and slope, but I would think that this would just be a SW difference. It's physically a different cluster PN?

I sure would appreciate a SW version number for a 2014 Denali Cluster.

• 5 months later...

After several calls to GMC Customer Service, they finally found a PI that indirectly addresses my issue. It's PI-1318A and is applicable to Denali and Corvette Instrument Clusters. I had mine reprogrammed almost two weeks ago and haven't had a reset since. I was having multiple a week, so it's looking promising so far.

• 7 months later...

After several calls to GMC Customer Service, they finally found a PI that indirectly addresses my issue. It's PI-1318A and is applicable to Denali and Corvette Instrument Clusters. I had mine reprogrammed almost two weeks ago and haven't had a reset since. I was having multiple a week, so it's looking promising so far.

Hey Black03Yukon, its been bout 1/2 year, have you had a reset yet for your denali cluster?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Archived