Mike1220's 2014 Sierra

Mike1220

Not the nicest background. But I blacked out the grille emblem and the lower plastic trim that holds the front plate. Looks great IMO. Can't see it too well in the pictures but not much sun out right now. Waiting for weather to clear up and reduce in humidity so I can start the tailgate emblem

ryzy5yty.jpga4a7upyv.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bu4aga5a.jpg

Picture with the back emblem done. I didn't think I would very much like the plstidipped emblems but I'm really starting to like them. Looks better than the red.

Edited by Mike1220

don't forget to post the pics.

Finally added the bull bar today. Looks great IMO and the opinions of several others!

3epa5eda.jpge9ade3eq.jpgguqe8aby.jpg

How did you get the rear cargo LED lights to come on with the reverse LED side lights (in the picture in your earlier post)? I can't seem to be able to do that with my Cheby. Nice mods!

Edited by Mad Max

How did you get the rear cargo LED lights to come on with the reverse LED side lights (in the picture in your earlier post)? I can't seem to be able to do that with my Cheby. Nice mods!

If you mean the picture that I had the bumper step lights on along with the reverse and cargo lamps, I actually just turned on the cargo lamps via in can dash switch and then hit the unlock button on the key fob so that the reverse lights would come on as well

• Like 1

If you mean the picture that I had the bumper step lights on along with the reverse and cargo lamps, I actually just turned on the cargo lamps via in can dash switch and then hit the unlock button on the key fob so that the reverse lights would come on as well

Ahhh. It's another one of my wish list things the programmers could do to make the cargo lights come on in reverse! I think it would make backing up a lot easier

• 4 weeks later...

looks great, really like the under hood lights you added.

Thanks man. They come in handy if you need to see in low lit area. And they are bright considering the size of the pods!

• 3 weeks later...

20" combo beam bar on my bull bar.

Finally added it yesterday. Ran the wires from the bar, to the battery, then under the passneger side footwell where I found a small plastic piece in the floor that I was able to drill the smallest possible hole to still get the wire through. Hid the switch in drivers side storage bin on the side of the center console. Install was easy and went well IMO

yvavu4y9.jpga8emegup.jpg8a4e8uba.jpg

Will try to get some more night shots tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

How'd the tint come out bud?

Finally got some tint on today. Couldn't be happier. I ended up pushing the limits. I got the shop to bring my fronts down to between 30-32% and the rears are all at about 7%.

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered a VLED reverse LPF light! hopefully it will be as bright as they are claiming! Will help keep adding some reverse lights a little cleaner of an install instead of having lights hanging from under the rear bumper.

• Like 1

Alright, so to my subscribers, I apologize for being so lacking in pictures of mods I have done recently but since I got my tint on, my grandfather's health conditions have started to drastically decline. So therefore my 1-2 hours spent every day with him have increased to 2-3. However, on Monday, he passed away sadly. This world lost a great man on Monday night at 9:10 PM, however, he is now once again free to do as he pleases. He can walk again, run again, be happy and pain free again. This week has been especially crazy for this reason, with the longest day being today, seeing as how today was the day of his funeral.

However, in the coming days I will finally be able to start updating this build thread once again with pictures and not just quickly written posts.

So let me start off with my new tailgate bar!

Not a good picture but haven't had a chance to get a night shot. Whenever I am by the truck at night I seem to be needing to get somewhere pretty soon. Will try to get a good one though. It is the same bar I had on my old Yukon. Great bar! Just doesn't have the reverse light function.

Also I will try to post up some pictures of my tint.

Here's 2 from inside of the truck.

One while having camera focus more on the tinted area

And one when I focused the camera on the untinted view.

Both are the same piece of glass. Same tint, same road, only about 5-10 seconds and around 100 ft of distance between them. In reality the tint seems more like an in between how dark it seems in the 2 pics. It's a great level to tint to if in Louisiana! Close enough to legal to keep cops away, but still around 10% darker than legal and looks great from inside and out. I hardly ever use my sunglasses anymore unless it's an extremely bright day.

Also vision at night is not hurt at all, and quite honestly, I can see well at night to begin with, but, this level of tint still allows for clear sight through the window.

Next on the agenda is tires and possibly rims! Just need to get over my I decisiveness and pick a set of rims I like!

Already chose a tire!

Considering between these two rims right now, if anyone has any other suggestions or input let me know! Open to suggestions! But give reason to the suggestion or your choice of rim!

Had to make another post, kept getting "upload too big" message popping up.

Sorry to hear about your Grandfather. My condolences.

Tint looks great. Not sorcery great, but... :D Mine is way overdue for some tint. We can go to 25% on fronts here, so that's what I'll aim for.

Duratracs? I'm between those and Toyo AT II's... and 5 others.... As for wheels, Those Boost wheels look good, the two tone black and machined. I'm leaning towards Method Mesh's, clean, straight forward look and look great with aggressive rubber.

post-128100-0-11559000-1408687101_thumb.png post-128100-0-28480600-1408687100_thumb.png

I would love if there were a GMC A/T wheel in a deep dish... Closest I found was this:

post-128100-0-50800900-1408687213_thumb.jpg

It only comes in a 6x135 vs 6x139.7, close but not too sure about that, and I don't want to run an adapter.

post-128100-0-28480600-1408687100_thumb.png

post-128100-0-11559000-1408687101_thumb.png

Sorry to hear about your Grandfather. My condolences.

Tint looks great. Not sorcery great, but... :D Mine is way overdue for some tint. We can go to 25% on fronts here, so that's what I'll aim for.

Duratracs? I'm between those and Toyo AT II's... and 5 others.... As for wheels, Those Boost wheels look good, the two tone black and machined. I'm leaning towards Method Mesh's, clean, straight forward look and look great with aggressive rubber.

attachicon.gifmesh1.png attachicon.gifmesh.png

I would love if there were a GMC A/T wheel in a deep dish... Closest I found was this:

attachicon.gifds.jpg

It only comes in a 6x135 vs 6x139.7, close but not too sure about that, and I don't want to run an adapter.

It's alright man. He's in a much better place. Also, I was looking at these. Any thoughts?

And yea I'm definitly going with the duratracs. They look aggressive as hell without the hum of a mud terrain (have talked to several people who have had MTs and now have these on their 14s! Have got plenty of great reviews)

Also still not sure if I want to go with a BDS lift or take the cheaper way out and get a Rough Country. I talked to a local shop that does both. They said that 85% of people get the RCX over BDS, mainly for price. Also anything that BDS would cover under warranty, RCX would also cover.